Background Image

Cheats and advice on your long-term account health. (5/18 Updated)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Looks like we'll be up and running sometime next month with our client-side measures. It requires a lot of testing, so while it'll be in, we won't enable it straight away. It'll just sit there and log everything and send it to the central database of the solution we use. Start matching together clients and such.

We can then flip the switch centrally. It even updates new exploits on the fly and auto-magically bans you on Steam as well! Pretty neat. I'm way to evil for this stuff.

--- Update ends ---

Q: Why aren't you banning all cheaters right now since you can easily see by their headshot events and kill numbers per minute, on average, in a match?
    A: Cause we're making a list and checking it twice.

Q: When is the second stage being implemented that checks for this client-side?
    A: Right now, as we speak. It's pretty nice, with a global database of cheaters.

Q: So you're really just being evil and racking up a big list?
    A: Well, duh. Yeah.

Ps. Don't record your cheating, try to blur out some squadmates and such, leave the rest of the names and then post it on youtube. We find these real quick as we just match a couple of data points and we see the match and everything that happened in it. And you know. At least spoof your IP address.

--- Update ends ---

We are aware of various attempts at cheats, as most are using known tools. Please refrain from using them, they will only get you permanently banned. That they work for a limited time doesn't mean you haven't been logged.

With us using Unreal Engine 4, there are known tools out there which can do simple things client-side but we are predominantly server authoritative.

That means the client doesn't really control much, the server does. This is part of why you can't compare "this game has X, Y and Z" as we have to run a lot of things, which other games don't even have to think about, let alone know how to create. Some games only require modifying client text files to cheat the server, and change pretty severe things.

That being said, with us becoming larger and larger, the bigger the interest and financial benefit there is in attacking, and hacking us. We'll be engaging stage 2 of our client-side protection plan, which works on the client-side transparently logging even further, and preventing client attempts at cheats.

And if you are a regular user of cheats or not, remember, we're part of Steam and we have a host of information on where a SteamID is playing from, and what other SteamIDs are using same ranges etc. correlate that.

Don't get your entire Steam account in trouble. Neither of us want that.

Thank you,

Nathan Richardsson
    Senior Producer
  2. Get 'em Nathan, GET EM!

[​IMG]
    Lauriia, Olddog, Necroledo and 22 others like this.
  3. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

Nathan should just send his Icelandic bro to every cheater

[​IMG]
    Lauriia, Necroledo, Olddog and 12 others like this.
  4. I like the idea
  5. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

He's actually a very very nice person. That claymore is for his chef work.
    b_1, Kampfgeist, Deathwish and 6 others like this.
  6. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

The cheaters shall not pass!!!
    7ZOgGl5pdPA.jpg
    Llama likes this.
  7. So the dark truth is revealed. The Mountain cooks and eats the men he kills.

The horror. The horror.
    Llama and CuCulainn like this.
  8. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed lascannon types shooting me instantly from up close, as if by aimbot.

Still, this won't be an EA style stuff that gets set off if someone cheats in other single player games, right?
  9. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Hmm... now that it's been mentioned, I did experience a small number of deaths to zzaps which felt a bit... fast. But I didn't think much of it in the middle of all the kannon spam. Maybe it was something, maybe it wasnt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.