Background Image

Chat Bar

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Valonox, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

I think we will be able to add functionalities on top of the Razer Comms ones, yes. Patrick Balthazar our Lead Coder would know better for sure. We are still in early stage with implementing Razer Comms in our game but we should know more about the extent of things we can add on very soon.
  2. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

In regards to the chat bar...

"I like to move it, move it!"
  3. Do you know anything about the alpha module's matchmaking system?
    Will we be able to invite other form members (with alpha access) into a party for the game?
  4. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

I don't know yet what will be our matchmaking system for the early access. We will probably provide you with a list of all accounts qualifying for early access and you'll be able to invite persons from that list - my guess. I'm pretty sure that someone detailed a bit more that feature but not sure who. Again, maybe Patrick Balthazar knows a bit more what's the plan, if there is already one. We should start working on this very soon.
  5. Oh this is a huge topic - especially since I have quite some experience in MMO matchmaking systems ... for now I have to say though it's not decided yet how much time we will spent on it, since a full fledged matchmaking system is a lot of work and might not be needed in a open world scenario - that said we for sure will have something simple, but if we start recording data of people to evaluate their skill level and match accordingly...we'll have to see!
  6. Something simple would be good.
    Like, invite friend from steam or who has alpha access, then click search to find more players to join in.
    Simple is always good, you can work on the touches later, as long as we can get into the game with the comms working well, it should be good enough.
    Since this is a strategic game, using comms will come in handy, skill level shouldnt matter too much as long as you are willing to communicate, its a good way to get players accustom to the game before launch, so on launch there will be more coordination.
    Or something.

Well... as long as I can stream it :3 then its fine with me regardless on how the matchmaking works.
  7. I hear you - but even though it won't be the full fledged game it's important to not make the matchmaking too simple too, imagine you always get matched against players who play 24/7 and make it essentially impossible to win for you - wouldn't that be frustrating?
    Kaelin and Cupcakeunleashed like this.
  8. It would be a little frustrating... but for the other team its probably going to be pretty funny :3

Yeah, but then again, there are people who want to play in whole groups.
    I guess if they cant be matched with the same people from the other team per like 10 games or so, then that should go well, but then there will have to be quite a few players, but of course there are going to be alot of alphas.

Speaking of which, got any plans for the server? Or will you be sticking with steam servers for a little bit, if thats possible that is.
  9. NO - Servers will be provided by bE - where they will be hosted will depend on the deals we get, but they will be controlled fully by us.
  10. i heard rumors that the servers will be lo located in Germany > Essen ;D
    Cupcakeunleashed likes this.