Background Image

Chaplains as Base Class

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Seraphel, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

- Chaplains are rare. We cannot have half the team running around as Chaplains. There's maybe 10 Chaplains in a whole Chapter.
    - They do not change weapons-stats. They merely inspire people.

I would keep it more low-key:
    - When pressing E, starts reciting litany. Can move/fight while doing so. Every friendly within range is automatically affected. Effect lasts 30 seconds. 3 minute cooldown. +15XP per affected friendly.
    - Litany of Salvation: Halts bleed-out while effect lasts.
    - Litany of Endurance: increase stamina-regeneration by 100%
    - Litany of Wrath: Reduce recoil and spread by 20%
    - Litany of Fortitude: Increase toughness by 10%
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Who cares ? they are giving autarch as an elite class to eldar , the dont care about if a class is rare or not , same applies for powerfist , it's only for sergents or higher but everyone can take it
    ProteusVM and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. Seraphel Recruit

The current suggested litanies are not affecting weapon stats, but inspiring them to higher levels of competence. I also think XP for inspiration is a great idea.

And Zael has a point. We can also field entire squads of Apothecaries which are less but similarly rare, give everyone a powerfist, and both chaos and eldar have the option of fielding 30 veteran psykers on a fortress map. We're just going to have to accept that in a game we can't enforce lore-based rarity and rank without having a "No, you can't play the thing you want to play" mechanic.
  4. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

dont forget the fact orkz don't have squads of regular kommandos lead by a nob, which are known to be a thing. no we just get the nob
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Well, they did find a way to make Powerfists rare.
    Something tells me they will be using this same solution for the Autarch.