Background Image

Chaos Knights and how to Field them?

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by FleshAlgorythm, Jan 27, 2016.

1. So I'm in the process of building a Chaos Knight dedicated to Slaanesh. Now, I can probably just magnetize things and make my life easier, but any suggestions on which of the two variants I should run it as on a general rule? Or what the pros and cons of the two variants are?

For anyone who doesn't have access to it, here is a link to the pdf for the Chaos Knight rules from Forgeworld. There is only a 5 point difference between the two, and thats whats confusing me the most I think. You would think that with such a close margine, there wouldn't be that much of a difference between them.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Chaos_Knight.pdf
  2. Sariel Searva Ordinate

the difference is one has a RF Battle Cannon and the other has a Thermal Cannon.... RF Battle Cannon costs 5 points more than the thermal.

As for which to run... the RF Battlecannon is better at taking out large squads with more shots which are rending whereas the Thermal Cannon is better at killing vehicles and creatures.
    FleshAlgorythm likes this.
  3. Thanks for that. I couldn't really tell the difference between them. Situational then for sure. I'll have to magnetize it.
  4. Sariel Searva Ordinate

hell... just don't glue anything. For all of my standard knights I've been able to keep the arms, shoulders, torso, carapace, and legs all as separate pieces.

[​IMG]
  5. I would but its extremely kitbashed. Made of a Defiler, mauler fiend a few bits from the knight, and a bunch of random other bits and pieces.