Background Image

Change squad size

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Catnium, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

To 5
    Because it sucks to have 10 in a squad and 4 left overs in another squad.
    Because it sucks to have to load in as one of the 1st people in the match to get into the ONLY 10m squad just to get a decant game.
    Because it sucks when the left overs eventually leave the match out of frustration.
    Because it sucks to be in the squad that doesn't have the manpower to do anything except lone wolf ..

Because it all just sucks.
  2. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

3. You trying to kill the game?
    Toxic av use while skyrocket, and half the team probably wouldn't have transports anyway
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Mr "Acrademode" War Thunder you're the one that's been trieng to kill the game not me,

You need to actually play the game before I take anything you say about its current state even remotely seriously.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

i was on your side here , i was quoting how stupid saying "av spam" was
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Oh well than I miss understood I thought were quoting that to me, sorry than.
    Tbh I don't even really understand why av spam would be an issue.
    I see more flexibility in smaller squads for smaller games than just 1 10 man squad slamming into another 10m squad which is what games basically are now.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

the only problem with smaller squad would be to basically have less rhinos to use overall
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

True but isn't kinda the point tho.
    It's an issue in bigger matches the size the maps where more or less designed for as well .
    I mean maps weren't designed for just 1 squad and like 2 or 3 ppl vs a similar set up with the multiple entry points, and elevation levels for suppression fire and such that maps have.
    Matches devolve into a 10m squad ramming into a bottle necking 10m squad pretty much most of the time.
    Which I think can be mitigated by reducing squad sizes to more or less create more incentive to slit up and assault from multiple directions which would ofc require another rhino or 2 for spawn solutions for such actions.

If you reduce player numbers for matches it kinda makes sense you'd wanna keep a similar squad distribution as well.. just similarly smaller to maintain a similar map flow to the bigger matches around the sizes the maps were more or less designed around.

You'd play the map the same just with a smaller squad putting more emphasis on the individual as well.
    Which is nice for that "Muhs skills" thing.

Essentially a 60 man match with each side being 3x10m squads vs each other would have the same distribution of rhino's as a match that has a total 30 men with each side being 3x 5m squads.

Ii just see benefits really.
  10. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

I dont really agree that 10 man squad size is a big issue. I can´t really remember beeing in a game where there weren´t at least one and a half full squads.

The bigger and much more important to fix issue is how new squads get opened.

By default a new squad should only be created when all others are full.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.