Background Image

Can You Come Up With Any Executions? Share Your Ideas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NostramoBorn, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Krage Krage Prefectus

Just gonna leave this here again for our viewing pleasure

Nostramo Born and Valkr like this.
  2. Primarch.Magnus palin2004 Arkhona Vanguard

One thing no one is mentioning is, while were doing these masterful and time consuming executions, are we going to be invulnerable to do these or are we going to be jostled and possibly executed ourselves? I mean I've been in some games where the person doing these "scinimatic" moves makes them godly for a brief period and its annoying and doesnt fit with the whole war is chaos theme.
  3. daymarecelestia Forum Beta Tester

"This is something that tests and gameplay/alpha/beta will show how it makes more sense - in e.g. Age of Conan you where invulnerable and it was ok gameplay and fun wise. I agree it sounds bad, but lets make the decision together with players and their feedback for this."- paste from patrick (http://he-lamp.cloudapp.net/threads/ultimately-is-ec-an-rpg-or-a-shooter.61/page-10)
  4. Krage Krage Prefectus

I sorta want like 70-80% less damage while doing the execution, just to have those last minute save for comrades who are about to be butchered if the executioner is wounded enough.

Or if thats too much, I would be ok with invulnerability just to let the awesomeness of executions happen often for the pure spectacle lol.
  5. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Its risk vs reward I say just take damage as normal if you take any but if you stop holding the execute button to evade damage then the downed person doesn't die.
    November's Fog and Traejun like this.

6. This. Executions are nice, but they should not render you invulnerable. TBH - tactically, doing something like that is not advised in most situations.
    Garmund and So'Kiel like this.
  7. Primarch.Magnus palin2004 Arkhona Vanguard

Agreedn which is why my bolter will reap a harvest when I see people try in the middle of the battlefield.
  8. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

War of the Roses does this pretty well I think, from a gameplay perspective. Executions take four-six seconds in War of The Roses, and if interrupted at any point, the character is still 'downed'. It can get pretty silly when you stab a guy in the neck about eight times but keep getting interrupted at the last second so it doesn't "finish" the timer (not counting).

Perhaps to combat this, make it so that they;re bleeding out more with each execution attempt? So you can't go back to "finish that guy" once you kill off his buddies who keep shooting you each time you go into the animation. (effectively canceling it)

9. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Knocking them on their arse (Preferably Chaos Space Marines) and slamming a power-fist into their head at 35mph.
    Nostramo Born likes this.
  10. Armaros the Subjugator Armaros Forum Beta Tester

I'm hoping for a couple of these to be included in the game