Background Image

Can we have a honest talk about the Mark of Nurgle?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Ecaja, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

Again....a particular mark which i won't name...Doesn't have any dedicated weapons.
    this mark dedicated weapons are the most interesting to implement with more possibilities....but whateves...
  2. Tremor BlackGoo Subordinate

Maybe we should just BUFF the other marks and not nerf the only usefull one ?
    Gravewalker and DrDooManiC like this.
  3. Do you feel like you are at a disadvantage without Mark of Nurgle?
    Yes?
    Well, you are goddamn right!
    Agree, the other Marks need to be more viable
  4. The issue I see is that since MoN is pretty much the baseline choice, CSM can be almost universally built against by Plasma weapons. Indeed, I see them a lot more often these days on what I assume are guild stacks since we have no way to tell right now.

I'd really like to see an actual Undivided mark that provides pure benefits for a higher cost, kind of like the options of other factions. Right now the stand in we have is just kind of dull. Options between armour, health, toughness and armour with regen would be nice but I'm not really a numbers guy so I wouldn't like to give examples in case of balance disruption.
  5. Nosfantor Recruit

Something like Mark of Chaos Undivided 150pts: +10 health +10 armor +10% armor regen +10% stamina regen +10 toughness. Overall of good value but doesn't really allow you to min/max any particular attribute.
  6. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Tzeentch needs its health penalty gone, because Tzeentch is the Sorcerer God and Sorcerers, being healers, suffer doubly from reduced health (as their ability to heal their own health is impaired by having a lower total health).

I wouldn't be against Tzeentch sacrificing some of their total armour in order for the smaller pool to regenerate faster.
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  7. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Could you advise what builds you're using for these Bullets to Kill numbers? They don't match my spreadsheet's output.

(based on your earlier post, not the quoted one)
    A full survivability build Nurgle Tac (Gold Armour, all armour/health trinkets, Mark of Nurgle) takes 12 Bolter rounds to down. A full survivability Shoota Boy (Gold Armour, all armour/health trinkets, +25T Gob) takes 13.

(based on the quoted post)
    A full survivability MoN Sorcerer (same gear as Nurgle Tac) also takes 12 and a full survivability MoS (ditto, but with Mark of Slaanesh) takes 10.
    If you remove all the survivability gear (not that unlikely for a Sorcerer), then the MoN does indeed take 9 bullets, but the MoS takes just 8.

(No survivability MoT Sorcerer takes a measly 7 but that's a different issue)
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Its been awhile and i will do my best to reconstruct the numbers for you:

In the Current state it is 10 bullets Slaanesh / no godmark (38 dmg / 100 pen on 305 armor/hp and 130 toughness) vs 11 bullets Nurgle (38 dmg /100 pen on 325 armor/hp and 160 toughness).
    The other numbers were Apoth 11 bullets (38 dmg / 100 pen on 337 armor/hp and 130 toughness - Gold Armor (same LP cost as CSM) and 30 hp greater seal of the medicae (180 LP) and a 2 HP trinket (10 LP) it sits right on a hp threshold there between 10 / 11 bullets for slightly more LP. Last but not least the painboy also 11 bullets (38 dmg / 100 pen on 314 armor/hp and 150 toughness - Gold Armor (cheaper then LSM/CSM) and rusty gob (100 LP) and 2x hp trinkets (30 LP) + 20 LP armor trinket -all for 150 LP). Before the supports +50 Hp/armor patch all builds were dead even without any LP cost comparison or trinkets just by armor + wargear 1 item.
  9. Dauntless Tyrium Steam Early Access

I personally have always liked Tzeentch and Nurgle more than the others. Nurgle because of having minions who care about him enough to call him "grandfather" and Tzeench because change really is a staple of life. I personally would go with Tzeentch but as many have stated it seems to be not quite as useful for me as Nurgle. I mean, x2 armor and stuff seems good but is -15% HP really that bad in comparison? Do you lose armor faster than HP or something? Guess I'm curious here.
  10. MoN is too cheap for its bonuses and stamina decrease means nothing. like a bonus too.