Background Image

Can we have a honest talk about the Mark of Nurgle?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Ecaja, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

You have a sharp eye my friend. You are comparing a "chest slot" item which is harmonized against other "chest slot" items with a Wargear 1 slot item. Which is, wait for it, harmonized against other WG1 items!

Orange Armor = Red LSM Armor = Red Ork Armor - all similar all same LP ballpark check.
    MoN = Rusty or Iron Gob = Seal of the Medicae - all similar in how much survivability they actually add (and i dont mean the numbers but to what those numbers lead to) all same LP ballpark check.

Last but not least your terrible exaggeration (?) about playing a MoN Sorc vs MoS Sorc. Apparently that green glow has a mighty confidence placebo effect on you or are you shitposting because the stats dont back your claims up.

Both variants require exactly 9 regular Boltgun shots to the chest to leave you coughing blood. For the sake of the argument you could even drop the MoS and go just naked in WG1 with only red armor and have the same result.

Oh and btw the same happens if you ram your tacticals boltgun into an apoth with only grey armor and a single 30 HP Seal or an apoth with only red armor. 9 rounds. The Painboy with a rusty gob needs those 2 health trinkets (paying just 130 LP in total) and to get the same result compared to your variant and is dead even with red armor (tho he only pays 240 LP for it). You are welcome.
    Gravewalker and Oan-Mkoll like this.
  2. IshanDeston Ecaja Steam Early Access

Only way to know is to establish that there is a consensus and then ask.

If we all can just get out of this thread agreeing on the fact that there should be something done, then i think that would be a good step in the right direction.
  3. So you want to nerf something that works well because the other options are weaker? Surely the answer then is that the underperforming Marks need to be brought up to MoN's level instead of them all being lackluster. I'm all for more build variety across the board in EC and as soon as MoK isn't a liability I'll use it.
  4. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

5. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Out of honest curiosity and because i tried to get a very similar build for a regular Khorn TA working:
    What kind of build did you go with? Mine was Manslayer + Smartpistol & Warptouched Armor / MoK / Totem of Eviscerator and a minor health trinket.
  6. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

Without being at my laptop to check, iirc I run +1 stamina and the smart. I know for sure that I don't have any LP for a grenade. (which I miss having alot of times, but I have adjusted my style to not rely on having one)
    LordSloth likes this.
  7. Valrack Valrack07 Preacher

Really like this than the other post you have make, the mark can be really better.
    BruvvaThomas likes this.
  8. tagging @NoahWard this is good stuff..would love to test it on uat to see how it plays as someone who wears the mark and someone who fights against it
    Valrack07 and KorgasTheReforged like this.
  9. I think that this would make MON too tough for the Eldar since they already struggle against Ork toughness hence the -50% fire resistance. The +80 toughness with deamonforged armour would give 210 toughness which is 41% damage resistance. The reduced melee swing speed is to balance out the necrotic chainsword and other poison weapons since you would apply poison at a 20% faster rate.
    Overall the way I think this would work is, MON would be reserved for defenders since they will have a very slow response time between points due to the -25% movement speed. Unless you redeploy or spawn at a rhino but, overall in open ground you would be a sitting duck. The problem though is if you have 10 people defending a point with 41% DR it would be impossible to take it, if they did not have a direct counter like -50% fire resistance.

But overall this shows how interesting the god marks have the potential to be.
  10. Valrack Valrack07 Preacher

The toughness is not for the head so the Eldar can kill a MoN if they know how aim and they a the Fire Dragon too ;).
    I want a MoK like this to be honest, with the chainaxe too slow atm and the GA of chaos have not a shield or other stuff like that like the Loyalist or the Orks.
    KorgasTheReforged likes this.