Background Image

Camouflage ^^

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Kilgar, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Kilgar Kilgar Cipher

I know this topic might've been told to death x)
    But! :D

Stealth mechanic for an advanced race as Eldar, it might be inspired on the king of camouflage :3 Not saying it should be identical, but god... it looks amazing oO And if an animal of Earth can do this... hell, why not in an age set roughly 38k years ahead ? :p Especially Eldar :D

Meet the undisputed king of camo, the cuttlefish:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In7n590GjxU

What do you think? I think Eldar could mimic something like THAT in the game :D Scorpions and Rangers and other stealth troops could use an adaptive camo like that :3 Personally it would be amazing and perfect camo... full invisibility is a joke compared to this... can be used out in the open too :3 to some degree ;) Tanks... well thats another story ^^; Mostly talking about infantry here :3

Other factions... a bit different type of camo, less perfected :)

Opinions ? :D
  2. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

Deja Vu
    No to scorpions as they aren't described as having stealth tech but just being very good at creeping up on the enemy, Yes to rangers as they have cameleoline cloaks which do an even better job of blending with the environment than octopi or cuttlefish (cuddlefish :) )
  3. Kilgar Kilgar Cipher

(lol mistype with the cuttlefish :D)
    Yea I know that thread :D
    Bumped into that thread a few weeks ago, was just lazy to find it again x)
    Though I just find this vid about this amazing creature and I thought I'll share the idea :D Might light some bulbs in some heads and perhaps it may start an interesting conversation in the processs :D

About the Scorpions, while I know they dont have a "classic" stealth mechanic, they are described as a sneaky predator, that has excellent skills in avoiding detection without any holo-field and whatnot ^^ However an adaptive cloak would work for them if the devs want to add them as the melee stealth option ;) Actually that would make them quite terrifying *-* I do want :D Even as an opponent, I dont care, as it would be an amazing challenge to fight such a guy :D
  4. FabricatorGeneral Unbihexium Forum Beta Tester

Now I'm imagining an Eldar ranger starting to strobe at the sight of a space marine in an attempt to hypnotize him. Thank you for the mental image.
    Kilgar likes this.
  5. Droguza Droguza Active Member

Kilgar... You're hectic bro.

What a fascinating animal, thank you.

Something similar to it's camo wouldn't be out of the question. It's unfortunate Tau commonly refer to their vehicles as marine animals ( Obviously, GW didn't know about this mollusc, or they would have surely utilized it ).
    Kilgar likes this.
  6. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Look into the light...
    Daneel and Kilgar like this.