Background Image

burning and poison weapons are a crutch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GitGud, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Should being attacked by a poison/burning weapon kill you instantly and ignore combat rules?

1. Yes, i should be able to kill people by lazily fast attacking while they block every attack

2. No, why am i getting poisoned through a shield? it makes no sense

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Firstly Ranged have Dbash which does the following:

Dbash stops Quick Attack and gives a short stun
    Dbash stops Strong Attack in the wind up
    Dbash stops Dbash if used first

Ranged have an unfair advantage over Melee in Melee combat leaning towards absolute domination because of this and the extreme high dps output during DBash stun.

Melee has NOTHING like this.

Melee cant just simply /Roundhouse kick bolt rounds out of the sky like Dbash does to all Melee attacks, bails up Melee in stuns / interruptions to draw out the already extremely short window of opportunity Melee get to kill their target.

And no the Storm Shield does not count as it is not a basic core mechanic that all classes have like Dbash is and dosent give an unfair advantage.

Both these combos are inescapable when fighting as or against Ranged: If your Dbashed your just done:

Dbash + LMB to face = Profit
    Dbash + Strong Attack + Directional evade backwards + LMB to the face = Profit

They also have absolute domination in Ranged, not just a fair advantage, its absolute domination.

This game has become absolutely skewed towards Ranged, the advantage they have in all situations is just ridiculous, so much so that you almost never see Melee any more, nearly every match is like this:

upload_2017-3-26_16-46-35.png

That alone should raise some big ass red flag.

*edit* Also somebody must not have told those 2 Painboys, JPA and Ground Assault that nobody play Melee any more
  2. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

It's my ideal weapon for annoying swooping hawks/jpas back. Watching one get hit with a charged plasma blast or slow death beam is always funny.
  3. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

Can you have both fire and poison ailment at once? Cause i've been drying to try the "dok sluggah" is it? along with my burny seringe
  4. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

I'll try out a nurgle bomb melta sometime and get back to you when I do.
  5. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I was planning on doing that too, but i took the melta bomb. Got melta and Plague knife though. Tons of fun

But never seen the dmg together...
  6. Thuldarn Gaan_Cathal Well-Known Member

Using Lashsword and Fusion Pistol, 99% sure the ailments can both be applied based on target drop speed.
    Aceryl likes this.
  7. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

How long has it been in the game? Why is it suddenly a problem now? Shield Bros have access to one of the biggest damage mitigators in the game. Classes need weaknesses to go with their advantages to balance them, ailments are one of theirs. Can't accept that, go find a game with god mode.
  8. Tarantus Tarantus Arkhona Vanguard

Not only in a clash, in a fast attack vs bash it applies too.
  9. I notice it more in clash as I am quite used to watching animations to see what my enemy is doing and can counter them 95% of the time without having to guess what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if it applies on other other modes.
  10. Barkteef Barkteef Steam Early Access

Okay guys, I figured out how to make a video just for this. Mostly testing dbash, these random guys didn't cooperate too well for other clang tests.

As you can see, poison didn't apply on dbashing or when I clanged with that raptor's strong attack. Likely it won't apply on fast attack clangs or against a dbash either.

Was making another video featuring fast attack clangs and clanging off a dbash, but family showed up unexpectedly and cut that short. Expect the other part later today.
    Safreadis likes this.