Background Image

Burn in hell, Rollex Spammers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KroozaNob, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoobMister NoobMister Steam Early Access

So... I just sat a read through about 9 pages of this (though I skimmed a few posts, mostly Popoolo's), and this is what I have to say:

I didn't even know this was a thing till reading this. I was playing several matches last night as the Orks, and if people were using this rollex trick, I didn't notice any difference or I was still able to shoot/melee quick slap my enemies to death. Kinda reminds me of the scene from Indiana Jones, where the guy is swinging his sword around before Indy shoots him. You may have all your fancy tricks, but I can still shoot you in the face :p

This also reminds me of how wave dashing was discovered in Smash Bros. Melee. Yes, they removed it for Brawl, but it was still something they allowed in tournament play because it was something that was in the game (and they couldn't really patch it out either).

So, yeah. Nade Bursting, rollex, plasma cheese; hate when I have them used on me, but I can easily combat it now I know they're there, and until the devs say differently, leave well enough alone.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

just make the marine stand up at the end of the animation = problem solved , in Unreal it takes less than 5 min to switch the animation
  3. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

See... when I see something like that, I go: "How did he do that? Let's figure that out". If it's doable with a regular rate (aka, it's not just a one time fluke), then that's something I could learn (however limited the applicability might be). That is something GOOD for the game. It gives DEPTH. It gives me something to continue working on.

To be honest, I've never seen it used (I would imagine I would fall off the box in most cases. Sounds like accurate positioning to get swing out before you drop off). And again... what's all this hubbub about? I have not seen the wave of Heavies meleesmashing me off from boxes...
  4. I mean otherwise the tactical would lose in melee because of the odds being stacked against him massively so I don't see a problem with it. I'd be fine if rollex was removed but in turn the melee system that rewards spam should be looked at.
  5. don't bother with him. He made a vid in which he calls out Bro players, at the time including me, for "cheating". I got a developer to deny every single one of those hackusations, now he's at it again with the same stuff.
  6. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Buy cheap ROLLEX? ;)

I prefer OMEGGA ...

(on topic: there are a lot of "features" which could be considered "bugs" or "cheating" (like, 'nad bursting, ADAD), but devs say it is ok, so it is ok for EC (and for EC only).
  7. Personally I love seeing someone spam one type of melee as its easy to read and counter them but I also have been playing melee the whole time so learning to read what someone is doing was rather important to how I play. While I don't want melee to be an auto win cause they made it to someone with a gun I would like to see less of the roll and shoot and if what Krayt said about the standing up would be the fix Im all for talking to the devs about it.
    KroozaNob likes this.
  8. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

I'm more interested in the mindset behind all of this. Call me old but... interesting and weird occurences in games were good things back then. There's was something new to try and use... or to learn to counter.

I also like to remind people that not everything that looks overpowered or exploitative is necessarily unbeatable or unbalanced... I have vested interest in that since I play Eldar mostly:D
  9. I have about 800 hours in melee alone. now even if a tactical counters lets say a Ground assault light spamming with a kick, his weapon is still gonna break eventually and he's gonna die miserably. Rollex is what counteracts this absolute bs so I'm okay with it and will be until the spammy-ness of melee is fixed.
    Krayt likes this.
  10. I mean yeah and being interested is good and all, but these people complaining about rollex already struggle heavily with just standard gameplay mechanics like aiming (which is why most of them just take a melee lock and spam away), which is why they want "exploits" to be removed, they already struggle with standard gameplay mechanics so much that they just want things rewarding game knowledge gone and even have players banned for knowing the game better than their opponents.
    DrMauf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.