Background Image

Boss Mode

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Zed-Avatar, Dec 11, 2016.

?

Does this sound fun?

1. Yes!

2. No...

3. Other (Type below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Well, other than Scare moments and I guess VOIP isn't always built in, every other MMORPG has all of those things. Right? I mean, I played a lot of WoW and it definately fit the bill. I am not disparaging L4D's gameplay/story/immersion, but I didn't see anything special enough to declare "best PVE of all time".

On the other hand, how much PVE story can you really create in EC other than "Tyranids want to eat everyone." Yes you can have some exposition and some background, but we haven't seen any of what they are already working on for that, so its hard to judge whether EC's existing (non-existant) story is good or not.
  2. Kriegson Kriegson Subordinate

I could see scenarios of a sort working rather than your typical "Jam a bunch of people in an arena and trade damage with a giant lizard/demon/etc".

Maybe take the 60 man map and have a Titan spawn in the attacker position with the goal of getting to the point. Your 30 man team has to destroy it. Needs more "wrinkles" to ensure it's not taking potshots at a leg for 20 minutes.

6 v 1 with the 1 being a player as a hero character? Hero has to complete an objective in a nid infested hive and escape, the 6 players have to stop them. Nids are hostile to both.

Imo needs to be more conditions than "kill the boss" but effectively that's the goal.
  3. I love the idea of fighting boss like tyranids like hive tyrant, brood lord and carnifex. I think they need to first make levels bigger and more open (maybe even outdoor) and they need to increase the player count. Possibly even allowing for vehicles.

Right now the warrior acts like a "boss" because of how tanky it is, but thats not how warriors are suppose to be. They're brutes but not a boss. Id like to see more warriors that arent as tanky but are still deadly and scary.
    SniffSteven and Zed-Avatar like this.
  4. Octave Octave First Blood!

I like the idea. Add some cosmetics stuff to unlock and you have yourself quite the popular mode i'm sure.
    Zed-Avatar likes this.
  5. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

Hive Tyrant is the best choice as a boss in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    Zed-Avatar likes this.
  6. One of indeed. Tyrant, Carnifex, Trygon, Mawloc, or Tervigon would be the big ones. Even a Warrior Brood or two attacking together would be a hard fight. Throw in Lictors, Warriors, Raveners, Gargoyles and Zoanthropes into each for Hard Modes.
  7. You forgot Jimmy Gibbs Jr.
  8. ItsGary Recruit

Er okay so you fight it in a open area and it comes up from a burrow in the ground which collapses shut and you have to fight it there