Background Image

Boss Mode

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Zed-Avatar, Dec 11, 2016.

?

Does this sound fun?

1. Yes!

2. No...

3. Other (Type below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Since the inception of this game I have always hoped the PVE would expand into a more diverse experience. I like how the Lairs work, and the new Horde mode seems much like more of the same, and the PvPvE+ modes coming out eventually will be great too. But...

One thing I've wanted for a while is a big boss mode. Something like WoW raid bosses, and heck, we can even start out smaller with something more akin to Dungeon bosses.

In one of the other threads someone talks about fighting a Lictor. This would be a great "Dungeon Boss" fight, maybe as an encounter in a Lair. The Warrior-like monster would have stealth, speed and special immobilizing strikes that required teamwork and skill to survive and take down. This would be great.

With all that being said, I'd like a big Raid like encounter with truly large monsters. Imagine a big Onyxia type fight against a Tervigon. Throughout the encounter, it spawns 'Gaunts in waves to attack the group in between its own heavy attacks that need to be focused down. Could totally have mechanics similar to Onyxia.

This is what I'd like to see. Do you agree? Vote!
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I'd like to see something like this for battling all the monstrous creatures, like Carnifex and Tyrants.
    Caentyr and Algernon like this.
  3. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

A Lictor... a little bit weaker than Tyranid Warriors, but faster, and as Jump-Infantry... and with the Striking Scorpion's invisibility.

He jumps in, strikes, jumps away.
    Repeat.
    All the while his invisibility means that the players can only shoot at him if they aim really, really good.

Carnifexes are not made for battling infantry. They are made as damage-soakers and for fighting vehicles and fortifications. Infantry could easily kill a Carnifex in EC because it would be so big, it would get stuck at something all the time.
  4. Ashgarn Ashgarm Master

I would love to see boss monsters in PVE for cosmetics rewards/titles/weapon skins/ if you managed to down them!
    roopevil and Slendykins like this.
  5. I agree that something dramatic needs to change with PvE. I personally am not interested -at all- to play the lairs. Main reason being, I could just play Space Hulk Deathwing instead. Better graphics, better mechanics, all that good stuff.

Now, where Eternal Crusade has a huge (potential) advantage over a game like deathwing is, to tie some sort of benefit into your EC character through their PvE. For example, a once a week (or even once a month) super PvE boss that your group has to get to and take down. Should be incredibly hard and require teamwork and all that jazz, -but- it should also give a nice bonus to the characters if they win. Something unique, like a piece of decent wargear, or RTC points (although that seems bland) or whatever. Something to make me want to play it over another game because I'll want to benefit my EC character.
    Algernon likes this.
  6. Mr.Slendykins Sockman Slendykins Steam Early Access

I know they're wanting to add exclusive rewards for things( thanks to Nathan answering that on the "Feature Requests" thing)*, it would be interesting, PvE exclusive rewards for beating specific Tyranid bosses, maybe a Hard exclusive? Make them a bit more rare and sought after, I mean the Ork Guild "Da Lead Belchas" could be a prime example of exclusive PvE loot, a tyranid head with a shoota shoved in it.

*https://bhvrmtl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/251253503-PvE-reward-item
  7. Tremor BlackGoo Subordinate

Raids ?
    No thanks.

Reason I stoped Warframe after 1000+ hours.
  8. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

Only if I can be Johnny Ricco and rodeo grenade a bug.

Also, the best PvE of all time is left 4 dead. Let us review what that game has to offer first and see how it fits to this PvE. (It starts with a story....fyi)
  9. Haha, that'd be sweet!

That is a very bold statement. Explain to me how its better than every MMORPG, you know, the games that are essentially built around their PVE, or even Quake 2 Co-op?

You don't have to play them.
    Ebonysia_Brown likes this.
  10. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

How left 4 dead (and 2) has the best PvE of all time......

- Each map leads to the next creating a survivors tale
    - Requires a team effort, coordination, and strategy to survive a level
    - If you fail you get to replay map with same people and no loading screen (allows teaching/learning/strategy)
    - Enemies are memorable and very unique in their abilities to disrupt team cohesion(smoker, hunter, boomer, witch, charger, jackyl, poison lady...)
    - Unique enemies are not 100% staged allowing variability to their effect on the team
    - Maps include fun props (explosive or not) and tools that may or may not be required to complete mission
    - A single map has combinations of open, tight, and chokepoints to create diversity for play-styles
    - Amazing soundtracks that match the pace of the game in the moment
    - Meta storylines and other scene props that add to atmosphere of what is going on
    - Voip
    - Scare moments