Background Image

Blight Grenades.... seriously?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nhakt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

The blight grenade on a perfect direct hit will apply ailment-charge amount just below that of 2 melee hits, but just enough for another 30-ailment hit from a weapon like NCS to bring it up to "stage 3" ailment stacks, putting at a lethal level for cases where there isn't any poison-reducing elements in play (i.e; not vs orks or orks with poison-resistance item of the painboy, eldar with increased hp over armor).

Comparatively if you do 3 hits with the NCS on a vet, you may be able to (via the 90 ailment to) kill the vet with the poison on it's own without even breaching the armor with the melee hits.

Optimally a direct impact on a target with the blight grenade would put a lethal dose on any target that doesn't have a purpose-made poison resistance item equipped, but only on direct impact (not next to the feet of the target, but actually impacting the target, causing that to detonate the grenade)
    Catnium likes this.
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

even ork poison is better than blight grenade sad so sad

i down 5 and kill 3 with 2 ork poison grenades

but with blight grenade still 0
  3. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

blight nades by pass armor.......
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

The Ork poison grenades validate a damage-buff for the blight grenade, the ork ones even come in large bundles.

So do the Ork poison grenades
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

80lp but add 1 more blight grenade or more armor damage blight grenade rots armor
  6. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I'd love having a pair of them.
    Catnium likes this.
  7. Nhakt Nhakt Recruit

Yes poison does show up on dummies.
  8. omarx omarx Arkhona Vanguard

yeah i remember someone throw it on me and did do little to no damage at all
    data_angel likes this.
  9. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

Ouch, sounds like the poison is bugged
    omarx likes this.
  10. I tried out the blight grenade just for laughs today and all it did was alert my target of my presence allowing them to do the roleypoley evade dance and safely escape its punge. The cloud distance is laughable too as it barely covers the radius of the target at all. I'd like to see the radius increased a fair bit as well as damage intensity and duration otherwise why bother? I've got better things to spend my LP on.