Background Image

Bleeder bodies blocking movement.

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Balgias, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Balgias Balgias Arkhona Vanguard

Soo when are you going to remove this "feature" ?
    If it's intentional it's the worst intentional feature in any game I've ever seen, nothing is more infuriating than downing someone in melee, and getting completely stopped from getting to the next person simply because someone thought it'd be cute to add a movement blocking hitbox over downed foes and allies.
    Madgenius4 and Im_a_Turtle like this.
  2. 'EadThwacka Im_a_Turtle Arkhona Vanguard

I agree, there needs to be a trinket or something that you can put onto your character loadout to opt in to the bleed out system. All it is, especially for Orkz, is a waste of valuable time away from the respawn timer. Its just a body blocker for friendlies trying to avenge your death.
  3. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Physically it makes sense that you would get stuck on an alive crawling creature, kill him if he's stopping you, problem solved...

Alright I've been meleeing and got the same issue but it's something that would look very derpy and goofy if you removed it. Passing through bodies like that would make no sense... and this isn't an esports game like cs go where the terrain shouldn't do anything to your gameplay, this is more of a game where you can get fucked over by anything and that includes people crawling around trying to stop you with their last breath... You would catch an enemy, after he cut your legs off for example, and try to stop him from progressing right?

That would enable more trolling though in rounds like fortress where you have tickets, and not only trolling but people who DON'T want to troll would see themselves dying even though theres an ally that can rescue them right there... All this stuff here is extremely situational and it's better to crawl to get either rescued or executed, plus getting executed will be a core game mechanic as it will give you bonuses for executing people so it'd make that mechanic even less useful if people could so easily die...

And it wouldn't fit anywhere in the lore!

My solution would be, any enemies that walk onto another crawling enemy would simply walk OVER them. That way, you don't clip through them AND it looks like you are disrespecting them even more! Sounds fun :p
  4. GreyNight ArtemK Arkhona Vanguard

speaking of trinckets and equipment. Wargear that allows you to pass through bleeding out character might be an interesting choice.
    KharnVarus likes this.
  5. Traxius Rhuul Warsmith0602 Arkhona Vanguard

I definitely agree with you on the second part, especially with maps like fortress, but even corpses seem to be block proper melee pathing right now, when really, you shouldn't have any problem leaping over corpses with a strong attack or a roll (and ESPECIALLY with a jump pack). I can't tell you how many times some guy got away with standing still and putting bolt shells into me simply because I couldn't jump over a downed ally, which realistically should not be an outright impediment.
    Madgenius4 likes this.
  6. Ill use the blocker too... against enemies if they try to run away. Atleast you can do something usefull.
    gobse likes this.
  7. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

What if when you MELEE someone, you pass through them? That would remove the need of wasting loadout points for it and really whenever someone was stopping you you can just be like "GTFO OF MY WAY" and slash towards them and just pass through while you stil do damage!
  8. Balgias Balgias Arkhona Vanguard

I wholly disagree, the fact that we're unable to atleast strong attack, roll, or leap over the obstruction of bleeders is a horrible mechanic that does nothing but piss people like me right off.

What's the strategy to avoid it? Casually turn and go around it? Congrats, the second it took to do that and you're now dead from eldar mcgrunterson spraying his pea shooter at you at face range. I'm seeing no arguement at all. Looking 'derpy' would be pretty much most other things we're seeing ingame, like most animations.
  9. So what your saying is you want bodies to no longer matter once they are downed because you got blasted in the face. Well as nice as it would be to just ignore a physical mass that you just caused to start crawling around blocking your path, I am afraid it works that way in real life as well so unless you want bodies to just stop existing all together that probably isn't going to happen.
  10. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Think it's annoying now? Just wait until 'downed' players get the ability to shoot at you while bleeding out.

That said, if I'm downed by melee, I will hump your leg if it buys time for an ally to escape or kill you. Same with blocking doorways to stall attackers.
    UncleBob likes this.