Background Image

Black Legion Discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Sauron16, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Sauron Sauron16 New Member

Greetings, i am new here, i desire to chat a bit about one of my favorite Chaos warbands, i have liked what one of my favorite authors (a match made i heaven in my opinion) has done to it, changing it into a visionary association, founded upon brotherhood, revenge and yearning for purpose. i would love to discuss what people think about them on their new idealistic light shed and how Abaddon passed from a belicose, curmudgeon to a more calm, jovial and laid back leader by the recent series.
    one my main points i would love to discuss with those that know of the lore is a point made by a Chan about how Abaddon's goal and methods might bring self-defeat:

"'After reading all of that how can anyone say Abaddon is the bad guy?"

"By siding with the guys who want to turn the galaxy into an even bigger hellhole than it currently is, and by being one of the reasons the Imperium can't get out of stagnation. You know, there could be progress of any sorts, but how's that going to happen if everything is made for war? What, you think you can invent something in your free time? Too bad you're working in a factory 20 hours a day just so you can make enough Lasguns for some poor sods halfway across the galaxy, so they may hold the line a bit longer, before daemons of superhell come pouring through. 'Orks, Eldar, Necrons and all that would be enough of a threat without some topknotted dickhead thinking he does the right thing by murdering everyone with the help of a raging bloodfetishist, literal space AIDS, a guy who will turn you into Chaos Spawn just for giggles and a supermurderdrugrapist. Really, Abaddon going "W-we did nothing wrong! We are the good guys!" is stupid beyond belief, and extremely hypocritical in the wake of his deeds and company."

It is hinted (which i sadly lack any quotes) on either Black Legion or Talon of Horus that the Warmaster may find a way to break the circle of control that Chaos holds on mortals and make them be on their own, i cannot tell how he could do this, or when was this said on either novel, but i would love to hear people's thoughts about it.
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Black Legionnaires are nerds. Y'know who aren't nerds? Thousand Sons. Be a Thousand Son today! I have no idea what you want to talk about, the Black Legion is such a large topic.
  3. Sauron Sauron16 New Member

Well, i wished to know if anyone read ADB's novel series and see their thoughts on them.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

5. Sauron Sauron16 New Member

One of the things that i have heard (in a Chan) is about how their plan to conquer the Imperium through Chaos may fail spectacularly:

"'After reading all of that how can anyone say Abaddon is the bad guy?"

"By siding with the guys who want to turn the galaxy into an even bigger hellhole than it currently is, and by being one of the reasons the Imperium can't get out of stagnation. You know, there could be progress of any sorts, but how's that going to happen if everything is made for war? What, you think you can invent something in your free time? Too bad you're working in a factory 20 hours a day just so you can make enough Lasguns for some poor sods halfway across the galaxy, so they may hold the line a bit longer, before daemons of superhell come pouring through. 'Orks, Eldar, Necrons and all that would be enough of a threat without some topknotted dickhead thinking he does the right thing by murdering everyone with the help of a raging bloodfetishist, literal space AIDS, a guy who will turn you into Chaos Spawn just for giggles and a supermurderdrugrapist. Really, Abaddon going "W-we did nothing wrong! We are the good guys!" is stupid beyond belief, and extremely hypocritical in the wake of his deeds and company."

This is curious because on the novel itself it says that this is not planned case as shown at the start of the Black Legion novel:

"He fights not for the Pantheon, those creatures that hate how they need him, nor does he care about their Great Game. He fights for himself, for his own ambitions, and for the brothers at his side. He fights for the Legions cast aside by the Emperor. He cares about the Imperium we built with our blood, sweat, bolters and blades – and he wants it back. He cares about returning to the godling that gave us life and seeing the Emperor bleed for all His failures. He cares about brotherhood, the unity of the damned, the wrongs that were done to all of us.
    And therein lies the root of the Gods’ spite. They beseech him. They beg him. They betray him in spite and then crawl back in the hope that he will bow to them.
    But the power is ultimately Abaddon’s, and that is what the Gods can never forgive.
    His greatest strength is also his deepest flaw. Because he will not bow to the Pantheon, they will forever betray him and work against his ultimate triumph. It is said that Abaddon’s destiny is an ouroboros, the serpent devouring its own tail, as the Pantheon chases a submission he will never give, and he chases a triumph that may never come."
  6. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

u know that chapter master Dante in " Dante audiobook" have a vision that maybe Abaddon will become the golden warrior and sacrifice himself for the emperor in the last battle of terra.

or maybe that was Dante, vision was damage i think

but killing everyone to make a point that freaking crazy
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Abbadon used to be a Primarch, physically and mentally more advanced than the mere humans thanks to the emps work with artificially accelerated evolution and such.
    Abbadon also discovered that emps basically lied to him, his brothers, his sons and all humans about the imperial truth.

Now let's assume that all primarchs had an IQ that's at least bigger than the smartest human we think ever lived irl
    Which had an estimated IQ somewhere between 250 to 300

I'm pretty sure that he is smart enough to figure out by now that the visions the pantheon showed him where of the current Empire and not what would have happened if he didn't do what he did.

So basically the guy is a savant who knows he's been betrayed TWICE.
    And the grp that betrayed him last time is still pulling at his soul basically to give in , trying to tempt him with power he doesn't need in the hopes he will at some point succumb to the temptations.

But Abaddon isn't an idiot He knows that if he gives in and takes favor of any of the chaos gods he's be pretty much boned for life.... probably literally if Slaanesh is involved.

Which might actually be according to somebody's plan... because he's probably more dangerous in this state than if he were to ascent to demon hood and basically lose all his humanity and his big ass Primarch Brain once he ascends to demon prince hood and merges his body with a new warp creature's soul.
    Which is what ascension to demon prince hood does to a man.

The question is who's plan exactly ...
  8. Sauron Sauron16 New Member

huh, i never noticed, so...should i delete this and move it?
  9. Sauron Sauron16 New Member

is this what people call....trolling?
  10. Sauron Sauron16 New Member

it sounds fair, is there a way to lock this?