Background Image

Bit dissapointed with the Kommando

Discussion in 'Orks' started by slightlymad79, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Currently electroclubber, electroaxe, gitprod and burny chopper break your stealth by showing their effect through your invisibility. Doesnt take much for a marine to see that. But that can be fixed quickly and got fixed for the sparky slugga already!
    Solei and Kaptin_Pokkets like this.
  2. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Guess I'll wait on that tactic then lol
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Gotta say I love kommando. Getting a sweet looking vet that perfectly suits my personal play style is so awesome. In fact based on my personal record of things I love in games and nerfs I'm expecting a nerf curb stomping at some point.

List includes: shotguns in halo (nerfed after first game), sona/Leona/Malz/auras and targeted cc in league of legends, friggen warriors in vanilla WoW (seriously was there ever a reason to nerf them in vanilla !?), Imperial gaurd in DoW games, and many other noteable game instances. Fingers crossed that bE doesn't remove the first reason for me to actually play a vet class in this game.
  4. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

After getting a decent amount of time in with the guy my only real complaint is the underwhelming cloak. If that's to be an elite class' gimmick it needs to not be that bad.
  5. Its just Scorpion cloaking so they will have to improve the Eldar version as well if they do it to the Kommando. I personally only find the fact Orks are slower than Eldar to be the only real issue I have with the Stealth. But then again Im sneaking around with a power klaw and shield... with a "Heres... Johnny" every time I charge a power attack and smoke someone from the shadows. ;)
  6. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

the black outline on the kommando is far more visible when semi-stealthed. when moving just slightly with the kommando you may as well not be in stealth at all. not sure what's going on there but the profile of the scorpion while only half stealthed is far less noticeable.
    artan-gobe likes this.
  7. Eldar are smaller than an Ork I have noticed that getting spotted on the Ork is more likely. Well that and Orks dont have an improved stealth option like the Scorpion. Obscuring Spirit Stones all day, but while its going to sound a bit bad... Orks shouldn't have a better stealth. The tech they use is not all that great so I have no problem with them having a bit of a lesser stealth. Besides your paying attention to the stealth Ork with the shield your ignoring the boyz with the shoota's and big shoota's who are about to rip you a new one. ;)
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

tech ? haha you elder folk , orks don't use tech, they use cunning.
    And that's exactly why its stealth is poop. because its not realy stealth its just him and his space marine not ork poster ..
    [​IMG]
  9. Darkkismeth Kismeth Prefectus

Ugh, i'm not really happy with the Kommando. He looks like he belongs to the Evil Sunz with all that red. But Kommandoz is a Blood Axes thing, the only Klan with enough Kunning and Clevanezz!

And Kommandoz are used for sabotage and preparing enemy posts for an Attack, not being Melee fighter, that has nothing special to show off beside going stealthy.

As a Fan of the Lore this hurts me actually. No Boomsticks (Sticks with Dynamite bundle for demolition), no Mines, no options for Big Shoota or even a Burna at least. Not even the cleva AV Explosives (DoW1 trailer, when an Ork placed an explosive on the Cybot and destroys it, THAT THING!).

But as everything else has gone so far, this is no big surprise sadly.
    Solei likes this.
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Its the size. Are you more likely to notice the elephant with predator cloak technology or the rabbit?
    Cegorach likes this.