Background Image

Better Otimization by removing Ruins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Remove uncessary building and ruins that we don't even use nor enter.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

This game have been suffering performance issues.
    Many people asking for better optimization and developers improved it as well.
    BUT this game is still have bad optimization.
    I am using gaming labtop with lowest setting , no shadow but experiencing rubber banding frequently.
    So waht is the problem?
    I realized most of our map has so many uncessary scenaries.
    city ruins, Imperial bastions, pipes etc.
    There are so many scenaries that are absolutely not important for gaming but has very high details.

What I am saying is this city sector ruins causing framedrop no matter how lower you set your graphic.
    Since most pvp happening near the points, I suggest Revamp the whole map just by removing uncessary sector ruins.

@KatieFleming
    DrDooManiC and Plongo like this.
  2. Plongo Subordinate

Unless they decide to add secondary objects, which seem unlikely with there currently dev plan and recent development path, They might as well remove 80% of the map. All the combat is at those random glowing little boxes on a wall which we cap for no reason.
  3. For me one of the best and most action packed maps currently is Pegasus. You never run long until you are in the fray again aká around a capture point. The Areas between the Capture points barely ever see any use to be honest and could as well not be there.
    And if this frees up server-performance too... yay?
  4. The ruins aren't going to take up much cpu/gpu, they're just walls with bad textures.

The real cause are those large wall panels covered in golden skulls with reflection maxed out, that shit doesn't need to exist.
  5. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

As long as people teleport into transports and onto points most of the map won't be used and its a damn shame.
  6. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

I do understand your idea, but there isn't much immersion left, do you want to kill the rest also? (and it isn't the right way to approach this problem either)
    JojoKasei likes this.
  7. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Well, the friend I gave the free key from the "test the free version" run uninstalled the game after 2 matches because he feels the maps are too boring. And to some extent I feel inclined to agree: there are some things we do things with without exactly knowing why and other things good for nothing.
    So tearing them further apart does not sound like a smart move to me. Those ruins/buildings are the only things trying to create atmosphere. Do not take them out!
  8. The best thing of course would be to give some meanings to those barly-ever visited Areas on the map. But how long have we allready asked for secondary objectives and things like that?
    JojoKasei likes this.
  9. Tarantus Tarantus Arkhona Vanguard

Thats called "immersion" you know :) Imperial bastions, pipes..One of the few good things the newcommers writes about EC is an visual atmosphere of 40k.
    JojoKasei and Murd3rDoll like this.
  10. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

and atmosphere of chaotic lags and performance.