Background Image

Been finkin' 'bout dat WAAAAAGH

Discussion in 'Orks' started by MungFuSensei, Jun 2, 2017.

1. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

Waaaagh is pretty good. It helps swing the match at the end. However, it pops rarely, and has little player interaction involved.

I propose a new waaaagh system. It will have the same effect, but different triggers and duration.

- There will be a new bar, like an influence bar, in ork matches.
    - Every 10s, the WAAAAGH bar will lose X amount of points.
    - For every kill that the orks make, as long as there was an assist, the WAAAAAGH bar gains X amount of points
    - When the WAAAAAAGH bar is full, it will trigger the WAAAAAGH for 30s.

This makes the waaaagh an active player goal, and it promotes teamwork. As long as the orks are diving into the fight and working together, the waaagh will trigger. If there is a lull, or too many orks are lone-wolfing it, the bar will empty out, and no waaaagh will trigger. This also means that waaaagh can trigger multiple times per match, but it is a short duration, so it won't quite overpower everything. Could also lead to crazy redeployment shenanigans, like hiding a trukk, triggering waaagh, then instantly redeploying into the enemy's flanks.
    Tior likes this.
  2. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

When winning requires you to sit tight instead of diving headlong into a wall of bullets and dying repeatedly something like this just doesn't work well.
  3. Waaagh was intended to be a Warlord-Power, that he can activate when he sees it as tacticall necessary.
    But as we all know what happened to Warlords (Lost in the soon(TM) oblivion) the system you propose would come close
  4. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

Points always need attackin'. Furthermore, triggering a waagh isn't necessary either. If you're defending a point that is vital to the enemy, they will attack it, thus presenting more waaagh opportunities.
  5. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Only on fortress and push the point maps. Maps like medussa often see both teams just turtle up (even if thats the worst thing you could do)

I'd rather see a system that gives rewards everytime the orks do something major. Cap a point get a buff, hold of an enemy team thqt throws everything at you get a buff, make it to the end of the match after fighting the whole time get a buff.

They could be varying buffs as well. Cap a point related to loot and get a temp damage boost. Cap a point with vehicles and vehicles respawn faster temporarily. Fight for a really long time respawn instantly/become harder to kill. There is no reason the WAAAGGGHHH!!! buff has to be one thing. Its vague and orky and it changes based on who is doing it in the lore. I mean do you think snakebites and bad moons would do the same thing? Goofs or Deathskulls? They probably share stuff but I think each ork faction would do things different when they have it their way.

A subfaction boost would be cool actually.
  6. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

How does the Waaagh happen? I just usually see it pop up at the end of the match. On Fortress defence it can be a disadvantage too.
  7. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Pops at the 15min mark I.E last 5mins of a match.
  8. waaagh is good for defence, they cant get through if their bullets meet a never ending wall of ork faces, you just have to be sure they dont start the cap so you get those ridiculously shitty defensive spawns.
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Every time I see another one of these Threads about a WAAAAGH re-work, I feel obliged to once again mention that it would be far better to have it replaced with a Mob Up! rule where Orks in close proximity generate passive stackable bonuses, with more Orks creating more stacks. But it would also create a detriment to balance it out. Example:

1 Stack per Ork within 3 meters

BONUS: +3% Movement Speed per stack
    +3% Rate of Fire/Melee Attack Speed per stack

DE-BUFF: -3% Ranged Accuracy per stack
    -3% Armor/Armor Regen per stack

Essentially turns large groups into hard-charging attackers who work best at short ranges, while limiting de-buffs for smaller groups to manageable levels. Maybe make it so no stacks generate until a certain number are in close proximity so Kommandos don't have any issues. And if any of you have an issue with the de-buff being attached, don't bother. I get it's annoying, but it's also true to the Orky lore of reckless charges and would cause a LOT less salt from your enemies.

In any case, feel like this would be a more entertaining and useful thing other than the "spawn-sometimes-in-last-5-minutes-of-the-match" kinda thing we got now.
    Khornatian likes this.
  10. Warboss Sickytoof Karond Steam Early Access

I think it only triggers if all the points have been captured. Like, if there is still a point with time left on it, Waagh won't trigger even if its just 5 minutes remaining.