Background Image

Beasts of War

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Rivindesh, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Ive been thinking more about racial differences between the factions and I was thinking, what if we could bring our beasts of war? Something like the plague ogryn, giant chaos spawns, or even a blight drones. Special units that could replace the elite spawn to just cause mayhem at the cost being confined outdoors. Kinda like fleshy vehicles piloted by one guy.
    Ebonysia_Brown likes this.
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Why not just have walkers instead? Dreadnoughts, wraithlords, deff dreads and helbrutes are much more fitting since LSM and Eldar don't have beasts of war
  3. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

[​IMG]
    Ebonysia_Brown likes this.
  4. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Because this suggestion doesn't apply for half of the factions in the game
  5. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Its our racial, we get big stomping beasts, ork gets waagh, space marines get implants, and eldar get better elites in the form of exarchs.

Ta da.
  6. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

I'd like you to tell me how they're supposed to balance out giving Chaos a new vehicle, giving Eldar a new elite, giving LSM more wargear, and giving Orks nothing all in the same update. And I'm not just talking about game balance, because if everyone is getting something different (and Orks aren't getting anything at all) then everyone will bitch about it.

Besides, how are we supposed to do all of this when we haven't even gotten Terminators yet?
  7. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

True balance? Never obtainable. Adding as many things as we can into the game? Can do.

These dont have to be the only thing we add as racial differences, the waagh was just an example. We coulda have additional classes or mechanics, scouts, warp spiders, squigs, yada yada. Im dreaming of the long run, where every race gets all their nice goodies.

Possible? Probably not. Hurts to dream and suggest? Not at all. I rather be brainstorming than get the doom and gloom.
    Talron likes this.
  8. A man can dream, but realistically you need to be looking into stuff that doesn't use an entirely new model and vastly new animations. Like more plague stuff for Nurgle, or generally implementing mor Chaosy things for Chaos.

Though I do think a Blight Drone with a Fleshmower would be a hilarious way to see if Eldar players would be as dismissive to the ease o hover vehicle Road Kills.
  9. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Who knows? We got people making thunder hammers, looted umie bolters, and helmet less banshees. Im sure there are even people working on termies. The future of EC is a murky mist for us all.
  10. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Man, can we keep the requests simple? Like, bumping up the amount of bonus exp/req for commendations. 100 is kind of an insult and doesn't really promote making an effort to earn them. 500 exp/req per com would be nice.