Background Image

Be kind and welcoming to our new, vat-grown brothers

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Brother-Tamiel, May 19, 2017.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

2. ..... I swear to all that is holy, if that Death Company dreadnought is a Redemptor.....
  3. Sigvald Darthy Curator

It is.
  4. *succumbs to Black Rage*
  5. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Looks like a normal Mortis Dread to me, the new Redemptor has a "nose gun" thing that sticks out which this one lacks.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Wow.... that .....actually looks like total shit .. 0_o..... just ....wow....
    And i thought 1st ed Dreads looked bad lol!
    But this ... this is like taking that ... but square... and more fat.... and than that hand . and ..and .. just ..no..
    Redemptor-Dreadnought.jpg

And i shall name thee....HerpaDerpnought!
    C'mon do the funny walk!!

Actually... it looks a bid like they put a Dread inside a Dread 0_o"'
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  7. Upon closer inspection, it looks more like a normal Death Company Furioso Dread.

[​IMG]

Also the Mortis pattern is almost exclusive to Dark Angels and lacks that extra layer of armor on it's "face".

[​IMG]

See?
  8. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

My problem is HOW do they have Dreads already. These are brand new marines...never fielded before. How have any of them sustained wounds grievous enough to warrant a Dreadnought?

This makes no sense from a lore stand point and just goes on to show that GW is milking the player base.

(because I still don't think that we'll be able to kit bash between the normal and primarus, and I'm willing to bet the primarius are going to cost as much as terminators do)
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  9. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Given how far south shit has gone in 40k, Primaris are probably gonna get maimed in their first battle.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Didn't they mention that primaris marines were developed for 10.000 years by order of the primarch guilliman right after the heresy ?

Them having Dreads just means the prototypes or what ever haven't been sitting on their butts for 10.000 years.
    Now the real question .. what have they been doing the passed few thousand years ?
    You are not telling me they had these " better " marines all this time and never actually used them .. riiight.
    it also kind of devalues all the times the empire got threatened in the past because heck they could have just send in the primaris marines if shit really hit the fan.

Also i do kinda just suspect they will slowly start pushing these new marines to become the basic marine and basically force every LSM player to replace his models slowly over time.
    they will 1st start by introducing them as a supplement .
    then you can start to field full army's of them as an codex expansion option .
    and before you know it , 11'th edition 40k doesn't even have normal marines anymore.
    i'll give it 8 years given Gw's 4 year recycle rhythm for Gw to worm their way into this scenario

It's basically free money making because many people playing this game for years upon years will simply comply with the change instead of quitting the game .
    and thus will just slowly replace all their older models .

I suspect this because the chaos models in the new box set are as tall as primaris marines .
    So this might just become the new marine size.

TBH if GW needs money they should invest in making GOOD pc and console games with their franchise.
    one good hit and they will be billionaires.
    One actually working Dark Millennium Online done well, will launch GW into the next 50 years tbh.
    seriously
    i would play the shit ou of that game , i'd quit my job tell my wife and kids to leave me alone for the next 6 months and lock myself in the gaming room. because world of warhammer 40k bitches!!