Background Image

Be kind and welcoming to our new, vat-grown brothers

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Brother-Tamiel, May 19, 2017.

1. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

Quoted for TRUTH!

I haven't seen them yet, but I'm willing to bet that you can't kit bash between the various types. But will wait to see.
  2. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I just hope they'll have the good old Mark 8 helmet style in there somewhere. It is just the iconic space marine look.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

new dread are litterally the same sarcophagus mounted on a new chassis.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Ikr
  5. Tamiel Brother-Tamiel Well-Known Member

We are the Emperor's okay and we shall know no fear.

(Because Primaris Marines are the Emperor's finest)
  6. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

getting a Jin Roh vibe from that power armor.
  7. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

I remember this part in a Horus Heresy Novel when Fulgrim introduces Saul, I think, to Fabious and he and Fulgrim goes on talking about how they are working on "perfecting" the Gene-seed. Saul reacts to this in a negative way and Fulgrim & Fabius are portrayed as wicked and wrong for daring to mingle with the Emperor's great work.

Here we got the same situation expect that now we got Roboute and Cawl instead of Fulgrim and Fabius. If the rest of the Imperium doesn't react the same way Saul did I will be sorely disappointed.

I understand that they'd be willing to accept this bullshit in these dire times tho.
    Redhatter likes this.
  8. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

The sad thing is that RB is being played out of character for this. I think GW is doing this on purpose to sell new models.

Now, I'm sure they are going to come out and say the the "Empruh" told him to do this during his communion with RB after he made it to Terra, but this is a jump the shark moment.

GW failed miserably with the Sigmar crap, and they are trying desperately to maintain their base.

Space Marine players are all about the "rule of cool" and what else is cooler than bigger and badder.

Me personally, I'll probably buy 5. Just 5, so I can model them. But I quit TT long ago, and they aren't helping me get back in.

People can talk all they want about "true scale", but really.

Just like Disney wiping out the EU, it is ALL about the money.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  9. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

The Emperor's Finest is no match for our Spiritual Liege's Finest and their chapter master, Mattheus Wardus Maximus.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.