Background Image

Battlefleet Gothic - Armada

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by JudgeBane, Jan 16, 2015.

1. It does make it more likely to be true when it's the perception of the majority. Certainly seemed to effect the game, last time I played it was dead. I played against the same Tau player several times, switched to Orks to see if getting up close would work because trying to kite with Chaos wasn't really, but I ended up just sitting in que for idr how long until I just quit and haven't come back yet.

You say it was just a bug, but it looked like OP shit to me and we can't confirm the timeframe. What I do know is that supposedly Tau are supposed to excel at what 6 to 9k range? You know, where basically the whole fight takes place.
  2. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

I'm less bricky than I may appear:rolleyes:; I just don't like to give up my opinion that easily but fear not I wasn't in the mood to discuss game balance either.:D
    Well because I'm fuckin crazy:p I will now contradict what I said above.
    The game had problems with player numbers for a long time now.
    Unfair matchmaking, ships getting stuck in the warp, beeing destroyed (not usable), unfun gamemodes, attacker/defender problem, Eldar/Ork OPness, no lobby, no truly costum games etcetera.
    So I don't think Tau is the only reason why so few are playing.
    Orks fight (for some reason) at 12k, Chaos can fight at 15k and 3-9k (most ppl use slaughter so 3k really), Eldar fight around 12k (6k if you are as crazy as me brawling eldar for the win!), SM have infinite range with torps 12k with BB and TH, Imp. fight at 3k-9k (mostly 6k-9k but they can fight a little bit at 12k; also infinite torp spam range).
    So I don't see why most things happen in 6k-9k but I could be wrong here. The factions that suffer the most from Tau Imo are Imp. because of range and Eldar because aircaste can just chase you while firing at your back.
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Orks fight at long range because all their other guns have been nerfed too much. Zzap is one of, if not the only, guns left to them to use. Even then they have to take two zzap upgrades to make them good. Personally I want my mini warp jump ramming tactics back. Screw guns I wanna play space bumper cars! But everyone got mad that orks could ram well (the biggest thing their ships are known for but w/e) so that got nerfed. Then we went to kannons. The 3k range mega short range brawler. But then that got nerfed because people had a hard time staying away from ork ships still. Then everyone swapped to zzap sniper with slow because that was all they had left.
    bossaroo likes this.
  4. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

It was a rhetorical question I play orks myself so I'm well aware why most use zaps.
    Orks were OP several times and still are;
    Sadly I don't think they will ever get another "fix" as the developer seems to have abandoned the game.
  5. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

Which is really tragic as it had so much potential and still does. Maybe one day they'll get back to it but that seems unlikely
  6. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

7. You know, I really did enjoy this game but I can't find the time to squeeze it in anymore. It's either EC or something not 40k related these days. :(

I would love to see Necrons or Tyranids join though, OOH or Craftworld Eldar.
  8. Its a great game, but oddly enough i just dont find myself firing it up recently, longer even. 3v3 battle would be good, and be able to take ya entire fleet ^.^
  9. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I just wanted to play orks and they kept taking all the fun things away from me when I tried to play. So I gave up trying to play.
  10. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

So any knowledge of if this game still lives or has it been hulked like so many ships and hurled into the dark expanses of the void ?