Background Image

Battlefleet Gothic - Armada

Discussion in 'Other GW Licensees' started by JudgeBane, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Valrak Valrak Well-Known Member

Me and my friend have started a 2v2 Tau fleet, I cannot understand how these OP crafts passed testing, we were level 1 taking on level 5+ ships with ease!
  2. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

You play together that's an advantage that has nothing to do with tau. If you win with a level 1 ship against a level 5+ ship then that guy is an idiot.
    The Tau base states are fine only some upgrades were seen as OP.
    They have no AP so they lose at 3k. 6k-9k is Tau death zone so don't stay there.
    They have less health than pretty much every race in game so they will lose if rammed.
  3. Mid range is pretty much where the entire battle is.
  4. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

Ship detection for tau is 7.5k max not much to 3k. Tau ships have 150 base speed so Imp can get them chaos, orks, Sm; (and yes eldar too lol)
  5. Valrak Valrak Well-Known Member

By the time you get into the close range with Tau you hardly have a ship left, I play all the time. Come watch my streams, the Doritos ship is pure madness.
  6. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

What's so bad about the doritos? They are slow torp them bombe them zap them lance them.
    And I saw you play val you once flew right into the asteroid field with the dorito ship what was the point of that?
  7. Here's what I know, I was playing Assassination as defender, I broke past the Tau's lines, there was only a few of their ships in range, my Battleship was at full HP or almost with almost full shields, I hit warp jump and it's dead before I can finish going to warp leaving me sitting there saying wtf is this shit. I'm not too clear on Tau ship classes, but it seems off to me when only a couple destroy a Capital ship in 20 seconds. They certainly didn't look very big.
  8. Valrak Valrak Well-Known Member

I did? I got only unlocked it last night and never flew it in, maybe you're on about my video showing off the ships where I just charged in for the fun of it...

Anyway, just got look at the forums, Tau are OP, quite simple. No point in debating as you have your view and I mine. ;)
  9. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

Just because many ppl think something is true doesn't makes it true.
    Sorry, what I meant was when you played SM you stormed into the asteroidfield with your BB, was a little foolish in my opinion.:p
    If we wouldn't have different viewpoints there wouldn't be the need to debate, quite simple.;)
    But it's okay if you don't want to.
    Light C. are not that bad normal C. have mantas and they hurt; so torps(no AP torps by the way) plus focus fire plus mantas could melt a ship, but it shouldn't melt a BS at full HP and shields. There was a bug in the past were ships would get every crit in game. It reappeared with the Tau update but I thought it was fixed, maybe not?
    But as I said their ships are fine just some upgrades could still be OP like masse watercaste
  10. Valrak Valrak Well-Known Member

It's not that I don't want to, I just do see the point in banging my face against a brick wall :)