Background Image

Battlefield "1": So they did WW1 now...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Vintage, May 6, 2016.

1. This is actually very true. Without america, many americans wouldnt play it. Still, it frustrates me to know end how America always has to be the centre of attention, even when they didnt contribute much.
  2. Rarity RarityMLP Member

As an American I won't play it since it doesn't look like WWI at all. If it were WWII I would be fine with America as a release faction, but not WWI.
    Rokdakgut-rippa likes this.
  3. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Because just like EC they're going to go Gameplay > Historical Accuracy at times. If it is decided when playing as part of the British from time to time you get a 20% or more fire rate bonus it'll be seen as what the fuck does everyone else get making the British OP as fuck meaning no one will really play as the Germans.

No I haven't played it but many would be upset as it'd be a rush for special weaponry and the bitchyness of online gamers would never shut up about it.
  4. Shes a strong independent black German who don't need no Karl
  5. 1
    As a canadian i wont play it either. As you said, it doesnt look ww1. I think this game should be ww2. The gameplay they showed fits that setting so much better.
  6. Rarity RarityMLP Member

Well, there's always the one smg kid who rages, everyone else just uses the rifles without complaint. Using a rifle in cqb was a gameplay mechanic to learn all by itself.

Yeah, looks like Verdun is where it's at for WWI.
    dx144 likes this.
  7. i love verdun, just wish the player base was larger
  8. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Yes there is. I wouldn't be hating it if it was completely realistic with tanks being only able to travel 7km/h and less.

A lot of people are opposed to shit being slow paced and what not.
  9. But didn't Women fight in WW1?
    Okay, they were generally heavily disguised as men, but they were at least in the British army.

Well the Games Industry does labour under the idea that if a game does not have Americans in it, or is based around Americans, then it won't sell. It's why most Sci-Fi games mainly use American voice actors for characters with American names.
    But is this actually true?
    Or has no one bothered to actually test this assumption?

I actually was suggesting that a player who dedicates themselves to Bolt Action Rifles, like the Lee-Enfield, should gain a perk where they rapid fire it.
    It shouldn't be as fast as a Machine Gun, but the bullets should hit harder as they are actual rifle bullets whilst the SMGs fire pistol bullets.

And don't forget the big bayonets you can put on rifles.

Not a bad thing, as I wouldn't want to see you crucified....
  10. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Well BF doesn't really have perks but the squad system in BF4 where if your squad does squad things by working together they get field upgrades like one called Grenadier which gives a bonus grenade, sprint 10% faster, then increased Grenade Launcher ammo and then flak armour.

That I assume will be similar to what will be implemented in BF1.

Bolt Action Rifles will hit harder and I've heard that Snipers in BF4 in close enough can one shot without it being a headshot. Most you'd get if you used a weapon a lot would be various attachments like having a Flash hider, green laser, a 3.4 magnification scope and some stock that was it. You wouldn't become more proficient the more you use that weapon otherwise it'd be hell for everyone because someone with that rifle does an extra 10% damage or can fire 25% faster which screws over a lot values.

No doubt some weapons will be broken in BF1 just like the ACE 52CQB and it's magical one shot kill power when BF4 was released.