Background Image

Battlefield "1": So they did WW1 now...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Vintage, May 6, 2016.

1. nope can't do that, sorry old bean

The black germans I'm angry about are present in like every battle, under every little section of the German army

It wasn't like that, there weren't enough Blacks in the German army to have them present in every battle.
  2. I love ww1 history, and while this game looks pretty,the gameplay i saw doesnt feel like ww1 at all. Very fast pased, everyone using SMG's, hip firing machine guns...just not what i like. I want proper trench warfare.

For some odd reason, they wont have french as a faction, but they have the americans? Is this some sort of a joke? The americans should be the VERY last faction added to the game, seeing as they only had 6 months of fighting. French, canadians, australians should each have their own faction, as they each did a significant amount of work. Having Americans before them is an insult. (And i dont want canadians and aussies just called british)
  3. Tyranthius Tyranthius Well-Known Member

It's Alternate History.

Explain the Semi Automatic rifles? They were not in mass production let alone on the field.

Also LOL MP-18 BAYONETS IN WW1!

Yeah. No. It's Alt. History. Or at least Alt Reality of some sort.
    Garviel-Loken1 likes this.
  4. He has a point
  5. What Semi-automatic rifles?

I can't find any details on whether the MP-18 had a bayonet or not, but the similar Lanchester and MP-34 did.
  6. [​IMG]
    Why did I use a cat meme? because why not.
  7. Tyranthius Tyranthius Well-Known Member

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19hohCtdJ4Y

The dumb sights, semi autos and all sorts of stuff really doesn't scream WW1. It screams more Battlefield than anything.

Everyone running around with SMGs and LMGs hip firing is silly.
  8. I'm not sure about WW1, but I do know that before then most officers in most national militaries bought their own weapons.
    It's why you see Mausers in the hands of Allied officers.
    It could also explain some of the adaptions we see them. 'Could' being the operative word, as I don't know if independent gunsmiths would have made those adaptions at the time.

As for the MP-18 SMG, the Bayonet may be something improvised as we do know that some weapons of WW1 were improvised or made by the soldiers in the trenches. But once again there is a Caveat as though they could have made such a thing doesn't mean they did.
  9. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

10. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

I'm still confused why the British Empire is known as the United Kingdom...