Background Image

Banshees V/s Scorpions

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Abhean, Oct 22, 2013.

?

Which do you want to see? Banshee? or Scorpion?

1. Howling Banshee

40.5%
  2. Striking Scorpion

59.5%
  1. Valihdyahr Valihdyahr Subordinate

CALM DOWN EVERYBODY!:eek:

Taking offence is counter productive.
    Anthrillien likes this.
  2. Eldritchweather New Member

I would like to see both aspects equally make it into game launch however, i d play a scorpion as a main class but i wouldn play banshee
    Which aspect would be more practical in an Eldar army in a fps game is the real dilemma and it depends in the game's mechanisms included like fear, stun, morale breaking, running/charging and stealth.
    Did any dev mention anything about stealth ( i presume stealthy classes will be revealed last and they re thinking about it)
  3. bmurphy bmurphy Menial

Scorpions. Closest you Craftworlders have to our Incubi.
  4. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

Question: when Howling Banshees gonna be added (at launch or later), will we be able to play them only as female characters or also as male ones? Because the lore states that there actually exist male Banshees, but also that those are very rare (they're generally eldar that wish to set foot on the Path of Command and thus become autarchs). So IMO this classe should be reserved for the female characters, because it is lore wise and also because it would make things look a bit more fair for this gender; beside the SM, CSM and orks who have their entire faction exclusively composed of man/man-looking characters.

What is your opinion on the subject?
  5. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

If there is only female banshees. I will not play them :D

Edit. Well maybe I'll try them. Anyway, male banshee would be my choice.
  6. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Well... I wouldn't be devastated if they lock having male appearances for banshees.

Now that I think of it, it is still probably wise that they do. Given the option, it can easily happen that any amount of players decides to "be different" when they choose a banshee and make it male. And all of sudden... no female banshees!
    Anvael likes this.
  7. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

Yes, that's exactly my concern. May be the male aspect should only be available after you've unlocked a specific achievement with another eldar character? In that way only those who really want to play Banshee as a male character (I believe they are not so many) will have access to this unique appearance.
  8. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

You are restricting male Banshees because of what reason, again?
    Topp-Hatt, Galen and Corphy like this.
  9. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

Lore.
    Valihdyahr likes this.
  10. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

I still don't see any point in limiting male Banhees. Your source says that they are rare, it doesn't say that they don't exist.
    Saying that, wiki has no power compared to codex:

"...A predominantly female Aspect, what these fierce warriors lack in brute strength they make up for in precision and efficiency...."

In conclusion, making a mechanic to satisfy very personal interpretation of the lore seems like a waste of time. :)
    Idrinth, Galen and Chaplain Valerius like this.