Background Image

Banned....PERMANENTLY?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TitanSlayer42, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanSlayer42 TitanSlayer42 Steam Early Access

So I was banned off of the steam forums recently for no reason....or at least I was given no reason. I don't quite understand what to make of this and would like to know why, or at least be unbanned because I would not like to be censored like this. Seriously though professionalism is at an all time low with this one because (below image) doesn't make any sense. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I have done nothing that is perma-ban worthy. Even when I flamed R6: Siege's community (and the game itself) all I got was a 2 week ban, and I used very harsh language to boot. I mean giving me the reason would be nice (so I know what I did) or just full on unban me because I know that I haven't done anything deserving of it.
    Steam_2017-06-18_00-49-29.png
  2. Greymane Berrin Steam Early Access

Can you show everything you posted on the steam forums (for EC) or something?
  3. Hal9000 Halcyon Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was nothing.
  4. Orfeask Orfeask Steam Early Access

Be careful though, because shadowbans(no warnings, no reasons etc) happen in EC forums too.

Edit: And probaly right now the mods are writing a shit excuse to lock this thread and ban you
    Harkus, Vaanes, DongSlayer and 5 others like this.
  5. Orfeask told us to ban you

more serious: steam forums are shit, better use this one
    Khornatian likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

So you are essentially admitting that you knowingly used language that 'might' be beyond what some would consider acceptable, but on behalf of other mods that have not been hard enough on you, you think its safe to do it everywhere?

Accidental bans happen, all the time actually. Sometimes a mod notices their own mistake, sometimes you have to poke them.
    But how sure are you exactly that this is 'accidental', just because you got away with 'harsh language' somewhere else, doesnt mean they will be as tolerant here.
    The fact that you probably did not bother to reach out to EC or steam moderation through a ticket, but immediatly went public on the forums to 'shame', also absolving yourself of any guilt does not speak in your favour.
    Whether or not you 'did anything to deserve it' is not your decision, I would recommend readind the code of conduct and reconsider that statement, because on a purely technical level, a huge percentage of forum useres seem to have violated it enough in their lifetime to be banned, but for most it didnt happen.

Also I cant wait for the anti-Eldar conspirationists that are going to pop in here any second.
  7. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

What was the post that got you banned pray tell?

You have an image of the ban, so surely you have an image of the post.
  8. it was probably a mistake...like someone hitting the wrong button. Who knows just give it some time message them and im sure it will be resolved.
  9. The Ironcrab The_Ironcrab Steam Early Access

What did you post that got you banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.