Background Image

Balancing Eldar : Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Eldritchweather, Mar 21, 2014.

1. would jump/climb speed/height distance be increased when one has fleet footed activeated? they would make the player when fleet footing a much harder target to hit if he just lept straight over low walls and could climb higher ones with their speed bonus.

Yes or no?
  2. Khorlial Member

Yes
    Breckenridge likes this.
  3. Would other factions maybe condier it OP, or at least very annoying with the ability to be able to sprint over cover and move so quickly though the battle field, (i know Eldar so this in Lore very well). I would honestly tell them to go cry, because i am eldar, of course i am going to be faster than you.
    Ryleath LanLir likes this.
  4. Angelic Angelic Arkhona Vanguard

I wonder how we ended up talking about Dawn of War 2... I think there's a section for other game discussion if you REALLY want to keep discussing the merits and flaws of Fleet of Foot in DoW2^^.

What I want to say is that I really don't think it would be a toggle on/off ability. I just want to refer to the explanation given in the 6th Edition Rulebook "Preternaturally agile, these warriors can cover ground far more quickly than their plodding foes."

First up Poodlec had mentioned that it should be a toggle-able ability for Eldar with a 4+ or worse save, I just want to say if you're going by table top standard, Fire Dragons, Warp Spiders and Striking Scorpions all have Fleet and 3+ Armour along with Dire Avengers, Swooping Hawks and Howling Banshees who have 4+ Armour (Shining Spears do not because they are on Jetbikes!). Only Dark Reapers trade off Fleet for Slow and Purposeful, because they are HEAVY. Trying to be a ninja when you're lugging around a Missile Launcher seems a little counter-intuitive.

As for fleet being toggle-able. Fleet is a toggle ability in DoW2 because it had to be implemented that way, that does not speak to the nature of the ability. If anyone has read Xenology it even makes physiological reference to the fact Eldar are particularly quick and agile, i'll give specific examples even though that book is old, things like "Conclusion: Physiology supports high-speed maneuverability" or "Bones far lighter than human analogue". Despite the superhuman nature of a Space Marine they still weigh considerably more and are much more bulky, Eldar are faster and more agile in every aspect of movement, that's just a fact! But this also means this is the case ALL THE TIME it's not something they turn on and off, they're just ninjas and their physiology supports superb flexibility, agility and movement.

I hope it doesn't sound like i'm getting down on you Poodlec! Just politely saying why I disagree^^! I don't think you're the only one who made points like this.
  5. i agree with xAngelicZ. The fact they are so quick on their feet, that they would always have such a thing as fleet footed on. But why not in EC make them to fast (with the Fleet footed not active) and then with something like a extra bursts of speed that they use to cover ground even faster, to avoid enemy fire or whatever. (not just a sprint button...)

Shift for Sprint, when you reach a certain speed you then active Fleet footed?
    Thunderfury 2575 likes this.
  6. The main weakness(ish) of the eldar is that they're squishy, if they keep up the squishiness (compared to other races), this agility shouldn't be the BIGGEST problem, i find the largest problem being the agility coupled with their firepower, i do hope that when they sprint and perform their crazy acrobatics, that their accuracy is moderately decreased
    Breckenridge likes this.
  7. VoxC VoxC Menial

The devs have said there won't be action bars, so it's highly unlikely that Fleet of Foot will be an activated ability. I'd be willing to bet that the Eldar will just have a higher base movement speed and/or increased roll/dodge distance.
  8. darting out of the way while hip firing at the charge Orkz, sounds intense
    windbringer likes this.
  9. Cool! Cool,cool,cool!

Action bars can burn in hell! If there are any kinds of abilities, they must be hotkeyed to the keyboard, like in spess mareen! :p
    Breckenridge likes this.
  10. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

Devs have really confirmed this ?
    Breckenridge likes this.