Background Image

Balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, May 11, 2018.

?

Do you think EC would benefit from factions becoming more symmetrical?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

and heavy from other factions have low mobility, always under fire and cant use cowers and roll out from danger so i think let them have more armour it's a good idea because it works with eldar
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Heave of other factions do not have a singular balance or lore reason to have more armor then others.

Devastators power armor is exact same power armor of tactical.
    Not the case between heavy aspect warriors and light aspect warriors.
    Its in the very name.
    On top of that, Reapers do NOT have any more firepower then other heavies, there is not a single balance reason why they should not be closer to the other heavies in durability.
    It works with Eldar, because Eldar have LOWER STATS OUT OF THE GATE.

Its not a rocket science, don't act like it is.
  3. Torquemadra Recruit

A better "balance" approach would be to only allow people into games when matched by a player on the other side so there are much less cases of 14 v 11
    JojoKasei, LOBOTRONUS and Vaanes like this.
  4. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

u dont want understand me and try to help me realise my stupiduty?
    ok i'm stupid
    u win
    Nether and Krayt like this.
  5. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Sure, why not, everything that makes games for LSM harder to find, therefore forcing them to go for other factions out of boredom of looking at eternal queue is a good move.

You know what else will help against games like that?
    You people STOP leaving as soon as you see map or opposing faction that you do not like, therefore leaving your team weakened.
    Vaanes likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I have no idea why everyone is talking about the EHP of Fire-Dragons now but could you maybe not do that and focus on the actual point of this discussion?

Like: Do some people just have a general problem with Dragons, regardless of the state of balance? Are you Lannisters or smthng?
  7. Shiani Brujah Preacher

It should be the other way around though. Devastators (and Reapers, but you know, lore) kill very quickly, so they should therefore be weaker to compensate.

Comparatively, your melee classes should all be super tanky because they need to be able to close the gap. Tacticals and equivalents can live somewhere in the middle. Healing classes can have low survivability because they can self-heal.

So if I had to rank the seven Eldar classes in order of how tanky they should be, they'd be as follows:

1: Howling Banshees (pretty much all they can do is run at enemies)
    2: Striking Scorpions (they can stealth, after all)
    3: Fire Dragons (Fusion Guns have shit range)
    4: Dire Avengers
    5: Dark Reapers
    6: Swooping Hawks (they are insanely mobile - they don't need to be tanky as well)
    7: Warlocks

For Space Marines/Chaos/Orks:
    1: Ground Assault/Traitor Assault/Slugga Boy
    2: Tactical/Traitor/Shoota Boy
    3: Jump Assault/Raptor/Stormboy
    4: Devastator/Havoc/Big Shoota
    5: Apothecary/Sorcerer/Painboy
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

In respect to more symmetry, here's my tuppence-worth:

There is one key difference between Eldar, Chaos, Space Marines and Orks which I think makes an absolutely huge difference to winrates: How they heal.

Eldar and Chaos get the crème de la crème of healing: Direct, active, RANGED, healing. Space Marines and Orks get shitty 'stab one guy at a time with a needle' healing.

Worse yet, for Space Marines the Apothecary can carry a Boltgun, so every self-interested player can just take one so they can self-heal, leaving the rest of the team to rot.

Implement Librarians and Weirdboyz and let every faction have a dedicated healing class that works in broadly the same way and I bet you'll see winrates begin to level out.

So I voted Yes, but with caveats.
    Vaanes likes this.
  9. In my first post in two years I got slack for my poor use of words describing my experience upon returning, that said Susher's post had to be playing my matches- because everything he had stated about that faction was actually what I couldn't put into words- so thank you.

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/the-problem-with-eldar.70811/

Iam still playing (SM) after some tips from players- and I still like this game alot. I have no opinion on a balance change in the game cause ,well I haven't played long enough all other factions- but i did one for each and after my first LSM -I will venture to the other factions.

But for now, I think Iam sticking to this game as my main shooter. I like the graphics n lore since pre alpha.

sidenote- can we get graphic hoodie capes and torso tabards for the Chaos marines and Eldar warlocks?

-Thanks!
    rhoomba likes this.
  10. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

No offense, but maybe you should develop in another setting if Wh40k is coming out as too difficult to handle.
    Whats the point in everyone being SM clones ? thats not what this universe is about.

The imbalance is because lack of certain elements for each faction, its bound to happen when everyone is forced to fight with but only an small fracture of what they would normally get.
    LOBOTRONUS and LordSloth like this.