Background Image

Balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, May 11, 2018.

?

Do you think EC would benefit from factions becoming more symmetrical?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Hello Crusaders!

Balance is something that's basically always on my mind. To keep this short and sweet, I'd like to ask you all what you think about the possibility of more symmetrical-like balance. What I mean by this is all class equivalents would have the same HP/Armour/Damage/Speed but not lose the abilities which make them unique.

Now I know this is something that would not be achieved easily without a lot of thought / work going into it. This is simply to spark a discussion to see if you think this is a good idea or a bad one.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  2. Protesik Protesik Active Member

Eldar OP, pls nerf. (C)The true fans LSM
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

That's very actionable feedback, thank you! Ima get right on it.
  4. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

Well, symmetrical balancing is certainly easier to achieve with a small team to work on it, sure.

Can't say in my right mind "yes" to it, though. EC is plagued by a big share of poor design choices, but killing the assymetry is a good way to remove anything that could be noteworthy about it outside of 40k label.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Vaanes and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  5. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

I mean it does not have to be completely the same in terms of stats but some steps closer to each other is something I would not mind at all
  6. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

"More" not "killing", Aislinn. This isn't binary.
    Data8671 likes this.
  7. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

" What I mean by this is all class equivalents would have the same HP/Armour/Damage/Speed but not lose the abilities which make them unique. "

What exactly do this mean? Like a Dire Avenger has the same exact Stats as LSM/CSM/ORKZ but CSM/LSM/ORKz can obtain marks and other special equipment that would clearly give an edge against other base classes? Eldar keep their box climbing speeds and get more EhP with the same small frame? I dont think I truly understand what you mean.

To me it seems to want to go straight for a Space Marine PvP, where everyone is the same and only the perks changed the character. Everything else is just a different moniker of the same thing. [SM and CSM were just clones of each other if you didnt play the game.]

TLDR: More info please.
    LOBOTRONUS and Faeruin like this.
  8. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

While I do think all classes within a faction should share the same HP/Armour/Damage/Speed and then build up your wargear depending what you want to achieve for your team, I think also it's good that they are not the same across all factions.

If anything regarding the current trend of the meta, it might be worth considering having the tactical archetype knives/knucles able to "tank" one more "clang" before they break, or make a mod so they achieve the same thing, with the extension being a modded durability MC knife/knuckle being able to compete with a sword clang wise.

Alternatively if nothing is done to increase durability on knives/knuckles it would be nice to have them do a tiny bit more damage, as their current damage stat isn't anywhere close to be worth trying to reply in melee damage wise, say as tac archetype you manage to land a dbash, you're better off trying to roll and shoot rather than doing a fast attack to achieve the highest damage possible.
  9. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

I believe he is asking exactly, what do you want it to be/mean?
  10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

NononononoNO
    NoNoNo
    Also: No

I want balance to be more asymmetrical, more weird, unique and special stuff, not less!