Background Image

"balance changes"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trooper909, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

Read the conversation before replying, I quoted a post for a reason.
  2. Yeah that's... Jarringly not good. I don't even know what to say. I don't play Sorc enough to comment beyond that it seems incredibly overcosted.
  3. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

So Daemon like lol
    Alb likes this.
  4. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I assume it would be 'fun' on a purely offensive nurgle sorc, combined with Force the heavy attack may just be able to one-shot any current non-vet class in the game even from the front. It would probably not be very effective beyond messing around, but it's there I guess.

More interesting is the flickering fire buff, though that too is gimped by the lacklustre/downright detrimental state of the Mark of Tzeentch
  5. But don't Sorcerers still have lower Armor values?
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Funny thing is,this is there idea of a buff.
    KorgasTheReforged likes this.
  7. Or you know, make the Sorcerer not inferior in combat like they are in every other iteration of Warhammer.

Seriously, where the hell did they get the idea of Sorcerers being combat incompetent healbots, cause it wasn't from TT or Lore.
    Alb likes this.
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

The weapon clearly isn't designed for primary support playstyle, but for Force power users.
  9. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Equally viable to all the Lash of Slaanesh sorcerers who refuse to heal anyone, themselves included.

Also, that shitty version of TA will OHK almost anyone from the front when using force. I'm definitely going to play with it a bit.

Apo bolters are a whole different can of cancer.
  10. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

While i can see that it "works" I am very confused as to why it was developed in the first place? I mean they made "force power" a LP thing and reduced armor across the board to decrease the melee pressure and to strengthen the support role of the sorcerer because the TA needed it's own deserved niche. Ontop of that they announced that they envision sorcerers and warlocks mainly as caster drawing their power rather from spells instead of hand held weaponary.

Yet again we see them designing in the opposite direction. Will an unique-axewielding-force-using sorcerer with a base ability to just heal himself on the go not pressure the TA niche again? Surely they could make the axe really crappy (live) and not allow mods to enforce TA supremacy but then it would share the same fate as many of the other weapons in the game ending up as a noobpickbait or on those "once for my youtube video" builds. However if it was actually working well, would it not discourage going the offensive caster route anymore because melee could be (after the upcoming rework) more reliable or putting out more damage?

Either way in my opinion they should have spend their time on more interesting things like additional spells or more pressing matters in general.
    Khornatian and KorgasTheReforged like this.