Background Image

Baal Predator confirmed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lutherian, May 31, 2017.

1. Also engineer classes. I wish to farm salt as a Techmarine with a Plasma Gun while my automated servo-arm backpack keeps the Rhino from exploding, because everyone loves the Apothecary doing essentially the same already. There could also be room for fun gadgets, as per DOW2's multiplayer techmarine (landmines, EMP nades, shield generator, target designator) so he stays relevant away from the boxes.

Also space-HESH because sometimes the vindicator isn't there and you really have to demolish something.

Hell just make something like this with a 150mm gun and I'll buy it day one. Better than two sticks and a rock, and I'd trust my life to it even 37,500~ years later.
    [​IMG]
  2. Lutherian Lutherian Subordinate

Hell even if it was as deep as the bf vehicle combat id be happy. Issue is you have tanks that cannot evade shots, and armor angle makes no difference. you just aim your gun in the general direction of the tank and do damage, thats it. first to shoot and hit the huge weakspots wins thats the end of the story. now if we had even some basic armor angling and smaller weakspots frm even the front, it would make the tank experience much more challenging, even with hitscan weapons.

Another point is that maps currently are very tiny and tanks make almost no impact on the game, since infantry has extremely short travel times form point to point/cover. if that was to change, you would rely on vehicle transports, forcing you into tank vs tank engagements, and suddenly youd have a whole new layer of tactics playing out.
  3. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

You're damn right!
    XavierLight likes this.
  4. Lutherian Lutherian Subordinate

@Oveur You implied in the Q&A that there will be variants like the baal predator after we got vehicle customization in. Will we get more weapon loadouts for tanks, like the Annihalator or is thir only about cosmetics for now ?
  5. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I've never been a big tank fan in the 40k franchise. I'm more focused on cool infantry guys, so the same interest extends to Eternal Crusade.

Also, I'm not sure how thrilled I'm going to feel about tank customization given the existence of melta bundles (still). I hope the new "tank map" that's circulating as a rumour will be something that gives vehicles some purpose.

It's not like vehicles aren't extremely important to games... they just get destroyed so insanely easily, especially against Eldar.
    TacoTuesdayOrBust22 likes this.