Background Image

AV and Fire Dragons - Is this one class THE reason why Eldar win so many matches?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Orkan, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Poli Recruit

I think its just their mobility in general. The ability to react to someone capping a point gives eldar a huge advantage, transports or not.

The gravtank roadkill i dont particularly see as a major issue, as games are won in buildings/points etc. Killing 1-5 people a match by running them over isnt game breaking, more annoying.

Eldar win more because each aspect is clearly ment for a specific role. Something a team of LSM struggle with because of the overabundance of choices when it comes to weapons. The fact that the starting weapons hold up rather well helps a crap load with very few mod options.
  2. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

Mobility might have been exaggerated a bit, though. Afaik it's only 15% on run which doesn't really shave that much off, unless it's really a long distance run in which case it's already inefficient in the first place, movespeed bonus or not.
    Gaan_Cathal and Dragonkindred like this.
  3. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

I have no problem looking into the ease in which Eldar tanks can run people over, provided they look into the 1 to 1.5m killzone on the rhino. I've had them drive past and I've literally dropped dead as they did.
  4. Tarot NeonWeaver Steam Early Access

I must to share this. This rhino was on the move all the time and FD couldn't melt it:

[​IMG]

*Note: none of my clanmates were driving the other transports, was pure pug coordination.
    Dragonkindred and Orkan like this.
  5. They still seem to outrun my sprinting shoota by spamming melee attacks, not sure if that was fast or charged.
  6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

So do every other faction bar Orks, this Eldars fault or an Ork problem that needs a fix?

Also the flip happens to Eldar when running away, move speed is worthless defensively in this game honestly, all it does it lets us walk to points slower than the redeploy button for only 50 health.
    Niothewarlock and Dragonkindred like this.
  7. Voncrow Voncrow Preacher

I don't know about that, when it comes to running shit over, Wave Serpents are incredible. On certain maps I can guarantee much more than 5 kills in a match. Then you have to consider that you can block off movement of units by threat of roadkill. While I wouldn't say the mobility of the Wave Serpent is that much better of a defense against AV as compared to other vehicles. The Wave Serpents offensive ability when it comes to running scrubs over is many times greater than any other factions vehicle. Then again you have to consider the fact that roadkill is a very situation tactic and easily countered by competent players.
  8. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

What really make wave serpents so killy is their ability to just do a full 360° without needing to move. They are responding to the mouse as well as the keyboard compared to rhino and truk that only react to the later.
    What could be done is to lower (AND NOT REMOVE) the speed of the turning around. I'm not against the use of roadkill, and I learned how to avoid to be killed by the wave serpents, you just must be careful in areas they can be that's all. So i'm not even sure I want them downgraded even though they shouldn't even kill a space marine or an ork, just roll over him and knock him to the ground, but the eldar already took heavily with the health nerf and armor.
    Well at least the beneficial effect would be that the eldar would use much more their vehicules guns instead of relying on roadkill.
  9. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

It can also strafe and glitch into places like inside buildings and up the towers.
  10. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

Well it's antigrav so it has 360° mobility. For the glitch, there is the "immobilized" status activating a kind of ragdoll on vehicle. It's funny to see a predator flying in the sky after a haywire (probably not for the driver).
    Water_Snake likes this.