Background Image

Astra Militarum (Guards) Euran 4th Infantry Division army list

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Trenchwar, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

Hi guys, here is a list I've come up with for the most recent edition. I was aiming at a "themed" army without heavy armor, but with a lot of artillery support and a kind of "combined arms" approach to it. I wanted to make an all comers list. The overall Idea is CCS mans quad gun, plasma vets inside bastion to keep some relatively secure troops and to create a certain area denial spot, I've got a "tarpit" blob guard of 30, the tempestus allies is so I can get the scions as objective secured troops and their nasty orders. I was wondering if I'd be having a hard time vs armies such as eldars and tau? I think I have enough power for tanks, infantry and low save stuff but I was wondering if I had enough ap2 for stuff like riptide T6, W5, 2+. 4+ invuln, as I've seen triple riptide/broadsides seems to be a thing. I think I have a fairly good number of troops, firepower, anti-air, anti-tank, but do I lack staying power? will I be too easy to dislodge? Is it possible not to field leman russes as guard and still be competitive? (don't get me wrong I love russes but I am actually working on the project of creating an "Army" of guards, 1st division mostly airborne, 2nd armored,, 3rd mech, 4th combined arms (infantry/artillery/air support) I already own the models as I have been a hobbist before being a gamer.

4th infantry division “Garrisoned Guards” (combined arms) 1850

HQ
    CCS, vox, regimental standard, 80 pts (Man quad gun on bastion)

TROOPS
    PCS w/ 4 flamers 50 pts (could hitch a ride in vendettas or protect some rear/flank from deepstrikes)
    3x infantry squad w/3 AC, 1 vox, commissar: 210 pts (combined)
    1 x vet squads w/3 plasmas 105 pts (Inside Bastion)
    1 x vet squads w/2 melta, chimera, 145 pts

FAST ATTACK
    2x vendettas 340 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
    2 x wyvern 130 points (squadron)
    2 x manticores 340 pts
    FORTIFICATIONS
    Bastion w/ quad gun 125 pts (meant to create an area denial zone)

Militarum Tempestus Allies (Will deepstrike and look for target of opportunity)
    Tempestus command w/4 plasma, 145 pts
    2x scions 5 men, 2 meltas 180 points
  2. Krasus Krasus Arkhona Vanguard

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with this on the battlefield.

I started out playing Guards back with the 5th edition and had an all metal model army :( i miss that army. I don't play under the new rules so I don't know how good or bad vehicle are but I always felt that they were a little too easy to kill and not worth the points. Though at one stage I did add armour, a Russ, Chimera and some sentinals just for variety.

Massed ranks of fire power was always my thing. Heavy weapons platoons galore blasting away, a few snipers (had a ratling kill a terminator in hand to hand combat :cool:) , a Vindicare Assassin (was awesome against Marines)

I still have a few heavy weapons units knocking around in a box somewhere. Should finish them off and sell em on ebay.