Background Image

Aspect Warrior Visual Customisation

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by MichaelChan, May 30, 2014.

1. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

I think craftworld colour schemes for aspect warriors should be included.
    Caentyr likes this.
  2. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

All good. I'd like to have glowing armor runes and helm markings as an option. Themed colors that match the aspect's elements would be sweet.

Contributing a few small scale ideas:
    [​IMG]

I know they aren't strictly GW Eldar (though they're made to belong) but the markings on the right one are particularly stellar.

Having an alternate color trim (like the metal here) on certain armor pieces makes them look slightly more veteran without violating the unit cohesion.

The aspects have had dual-palette schemes in the past, thinking about the green+yellow of the old Scorpion schemes. Alternate armor skins that highlight the yellow over the green would be awesome, obviously not to the point they lose cohesion.

Also I'd like to see something with the hair and topknot customization, maybe allowing really striking highlights/streaks on certain aspects. That's a really good focal point for eye-catching deviation in the TT models.
  3. Saraph Midas Casavay Well-Known Member

Why don't we combine Craftworld schemes and Aspect schemes?
    We know different shrines have different schemes. Why don't we give each craftworld an associated shrine so that they have aspect colours, but are different with each craft world.
    For example, you could give Biel-Tan the Deathly Web shrine of Warp Spiders, while the Ulthwé Warp spiders would be Slicing Skein.
    As for shape, I know I'm going to be yelled at, but I wouldn't mind if you mixed up the armours a little. Different shapes, shoulders, helmet styles and the like. You know, not as extreme as Space Marines have with their marks, but something similar.
  4. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Is a Shrine's size not limited to a Squad (A single Exarch and his Unit)? If so, it would be weird to have 100 Striking Scorpion all coming from a single shrine (with maybe several Exarchs as well) : (
  5. Saraph Midas Casavay Well-Known Member

I always assumed shrines were fairly large organisations, akin to a company or the like in numbers, since they seem quite like fixtures. But I'm no expert by far.
  6. I'm not that much familiar with eldars as with other races, but perhaps one of approaches would be to give them much "wider" color palete and different patern designs that could be applied to armor.
    With some runes or "tribal" markings that could possibly glow.
    Since Eldars armours didnt evolve much since the first contact, and they dont wear much "jewelry" like SM or other races (jewelry= skulls, tomes, chains, sigils, etc....).
  7. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

I think that having the Secondary colour of your armour be associated with the Craftword could be good and auto-adjusting the Primary (Aspect one) to fit. But if I come back to the Customization aspect of this discussion, it would be nice to have more things you could add that would fit your craftword.
    Asurael and Grigdusher like this.
  8. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

No more weird than seeing over 1000 Space Marines from each chapter running around. Each craftworld can have multiple shrines for the same aspect, so that opens up a lot of possibilities as well.
    Aeralon and Melenar like this.
  9. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

I think that it may be more than a squad per shrine but just 1 exarch (in the path of the warrior Korlandril is kicked out of the deadly shadow once he becomes and exarch and he goes to the hidden death shrine) what I don't know is if it can be a deadly shadow shrine in several craftworlds. I would compare aspect shrines with martial arts, for example you have Karate but there is different schools with some technique variations between them, one might focus on punches and other in grappling.
    TheEmperorprotects likes this.
  10. GHOST_FACE GHOST_FACE Arch-Deacon

The best thing, that have eldar it is wings! and banner on their back! please make more of this things! like in this picture, that was posted before.

Attached Files:

Ryleath LanLir likes this.