Background Image

Aspect Warrior Visual Customisation

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by MichaelChan, May 30, 2014.

1. Michael Chan MichaelChan Game Designer

Greetings Eldar!

Our team would like your input in the matter of visual customisation:

When an Eldar assumes the role of an Aspect warrior they give up their identity and become the Aspect (for the time being)... one of the challenges this presents is customization options with regards to Aspect warrior armour.

Unlike the other Armies in our game, Eldar have a very specific look to each of the Aspects so our question for you today is this:

What would you like to see as customization/founders options for your Eldar Aspect warriors?
    (Please keep things practical ;))
  2. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

[​IMG]

Shrine markings, gemstone colors, banners, glyphs, tabards... most of our customization will end up being small decorations.

Possibly include an expanded color palate for founders armor and a weapon effects change slot for gear (non-combat related, things like different color beams, sounds, glows, etc.)
    Twirl, Lauriia, Kaysan and 31 others like this.
  3. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Different editions will be cool example, shrine markings, maybe runes or jewels to put in our helms/shoulderpads, and of course different weapons, for example if we have Banshees as playable class there are tons of different scimitars we don't need to stick just to the exact GW model (well maybe you do :) )
  4. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Like said, these are the usual things that are customized. In addition to few colour variations based on the Shrines and sometimes on the home Craftword (i.e. In Dawn of War II), we often see little details like arm bands and ornaments being different on each models. In the fictions, it can go as far as combining elements from different Aspects (i.e. In Path of the Warrior (by Gav Thorpe), Korlandril the Striking Scorpion as been given a Dire Avenger symbol from Thirianna that he attaches to his Shuriken Pistol).
    Psychopski, Kaelin, Malkryst and 13 others like this.
  5. VoxC VoxC Menial

I don't know how GW would feel about it, but I'd like to see older editions' armour designs available as customizations.
  6. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

I guess that we should just contact Jes Goodwin at this point :p
    His Eldar designs and sketches are just amazing !!!
    Nariegtel, Voidrider, VoxC and 14 others like this.
  7. Terry OBrien MacLeod Prefectus

Absolutely agree Nicolas, Jes is the first and last word in Eldar design.

But I wouldn't object to some slight reshaping of the armor plates, to give the feel of fluting, or swept back plates, etc. Minor variations that still communicate the basic underlying armor shape.

T
    IdranelLives and Kudzu like this.
  8. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Well there is not that much outside that, maybe something like different devotional pennants

[​IMG]

The problem with this kind of stuff is that most of them are very small and hard to notice and personally I'm not sure how I feel about spending money in something cosmetic that you can barely see...
    Sitri, Iyan, Rikamar and 3 others like this.
  9. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

I think most of us are pretty comfortable with the Eldar being the oddball faction and not getting as many bells and whistles as the others.

I'm hoping it will be made up for in different ways like more starting classes because our options are very restricted on an individual basis, a completely different objective system, and things of that nature. We're most likely going to be the smallest faction by far, so I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say I hope you throw as many bones our way as possible while staying as true as you can to the lore.
    Voidrider, Vae, Lauriia and 10 others like this.
  10. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Probably right, we should probably focus on Armor shapes - different helmets, shoulder pads, chest plates, backpacks. If we includes all past editions designs and all variations found in different concept arts (i.e. codex elements and art) we should have enough variety. At least for launch :p
    Vae, Ysurian, Kaysan and 23 others like this.