Background Image

Are these campaigns going to happen all the time?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by ArchKnightHough, May 15, 2017.

1. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

I would just like to know if these campaigns are the way this game runs. Because if it is I would like a schedule so that I know when NOT to play.

I've only been playing for 3 weeks. I got a code from my buddy (who played Marvel Heroes) and then spent 50$ because, "hello, Bitz pack on PC!!!)

I Love Ultras, I always have. I'm the guy who played Knights of Solamnia and Paladins in D&D and Jedi in Star Wars, and CyberKnights in Rifts. This is just who I am. I hate Matt Ward as much as the next guy because I can't stand the uber fluff crap.

When I tried this game I thought, "shit, I HATE 3rd person, but I did okay in RE 4 & 5, so what the hell, it SPACE MARINES!!!!"

And I really wanted that Shoulder guard, (I have Chaos, because I thought it would be neat to try out an Iron Warrior)

But wow these wait times. I waited 25 min this morning, just to get into a defend battle against Eldar, (I hate fighting them btw) and we almost lost. So an hour of my time almost wasted.

Now this weekend I was able to get into 3, just three matches, (it was mothers day weekend and I have a life that involves family and small children) due to limited game time. Lost two, and won one. So now, I've gotten 2 wins out of Ten. and 5 hours wasted...

If I had tried this game this week, I would NEVER have spent money, and I would have walked away. Who wants to wait 20-30 minutes just to get slaughtered because the enemy comes to play and your team is full of new folks scrambling from point to point "getting kills man!"

I have now accepted that I am NOT going to get the Space Marine pauldron (not really, I'm actually extremely pissed and rather than play this game I'm playing Rebellion on Steam, yes a 20 year old friggen Masters of Orion clone for Star Wars is holding my attention because I. CANNOT. GET. INTO. GAME!) I have EVERY friggen piece of armor for my Ultra...and you tell me that I will not be able to get this. Because I CANNOT wait for 20-30 minutes for a 50/50-90 chance to lose.

I get maybe 40 min of game time in the morning before the kids wake up, maybe 40 at lunch, and if I am really lucky I get an hour at night.

So, with just 2 wins out of 5 games, and maybe 10 more legitimate chances to try I can say that I won't get it.

And to the folks who are okay with this, who think that I am not dedicated enough so I don't deserve it, well think very carefully.

I'm new, and I spend money. That is the type of player that keeps this game running.

If these campaigns are the way this game is played, this game will be dead in six months.

Because NO ONE wants to sit and wait to play.

And they shouldn't have to.
    Ilseum, Talron and XavierLight like this.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I've managed to get 9 of my 10 wins, which took most of Sunday afternoon and evening, what with all the waiting. I took to watching Netflix and even the Live Stream on YouTube while I waited.

The waiting is annoying but there's nothing worse than back filling a match in the dying moments, getting to spawn in only to see the defeat screen.
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  3. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I managed to get 10 wins on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I can't see myself playing any more, the que times just conflict too much with my job. Its okey on the weekend but now my time is severely limited.
  4. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

No, it's actually a first, usually, we always had campaign for all 4 factions at the same time, which created an all in war but with no clear winner, we usually don't have to wait so much. My usual queue time in this game before the campaign as a lsm was around 20-50 seconds. But LSM being the most populated faction, and with the campaigns for a sole faction objective to force people to play all factions, we got too much people playing LSM and nobody playing the rest.
    Just tryout eldar and you will got an instant queuing.
    DAG42, Forj and ArchKnightHough like this.
  5. Chewdakka Regz First Blood!

These campaigns have encouraged me not to play.
    Boahwaji and ArchKnightHough like this.
  6. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

Kind of missing OP's point
  7. WarlordKnight Recruit

Same, I bought Premium right before the chaos campaign. I would not of spent that money if I knew campaigns worked like this.
  8. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

They did say after the last 1-faction campaign they would go back to doing normal campaigns which involve all factions
  9. Khalmyr khalmyr Steam Early Access

one good solution is, when one faction is on campaign, the others are on minor counter campaing...
    exemple.
    Sm campaing: achive 10 wins.
    eldars player must achive 5 wins defending ( insert map ) attacking (insert map)
    orkz player must achive 5 wins defending ( insert map ) attacking (insert map)
    chaos player must achive 5 wins defending ( insert map ) attacking (insert map)
  10. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

Having specific map requirements wouldn't really work, but the rest of that idea is decent.

Or, yknow, just run allthe campaigns simultaneously as was originally planned.
    WarlordKnight likes this.