Background Image

Are LSM really that bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Now this is going off memory last night..but this is what I recall seeing:

Chaos were beating Orks
    Chaos were I think slightly beating Eldar

Eldar were beating Orks
    Eldar were beating LSM

Orks were beating LSM
    Orks were losing to Eldar and CSM

LSM was actually holding fairly steady against Chaos.

I'm confused as to how LSM can hold ground against Chaos who are, as of the territories last night, winning against everyone else, even Eldar(sorta I think heh).

Chaos are beating Orks enough to take territories and have, mostly, the same weapons/classes as LSM. Yet LSM are losing pretty badly to Orks.

It's interesting to say the least. I know that LSM in general have way more games played for their faction than anyone else, so the maps may shift faster for them. But still...interesting that they seem to hold their own well enough against the Top Faction(arguably against Eldar as I'm sure CSM has probably double the games played over Eldar).
  2. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

I'm just going to say this: a rank 2 Ork has more effective health than a veteran space marine while having weapons that are just as good or even better (shoota, ace dakka etc)
  3. ChuckBane Chuckdatass Subordinate

LSM is a gimped version of CSM. LSM get apoth beacons and shields. Big whoop. CSM get marks, autocannon, capping melee, and tf2 heal beam medics.
  4. And yet, this doesn't seem to stop LSM from competing with the top faction(according to sheer win/loss ratios).

But it can't deal with the other two factions? Both of which are currently losing to CSM?(Orks more than Eldar).
  5. Valaron Valaron Arkhona Vanguard

How many topics you create per day? 10?
  6. Ork Shoota Boys makes my Bolter hero jealous.
    Harkus and Piaras like this.
  7. You gonna contribute actual discussion or just ride the salt train?

It's a legitimate question. What makes LSM compete against OP CSM but can't deal with Orks or Eldar?
    Kaptain_K_Rool and Philos like this.
  8. Because Bolters. (are weak)
    Blackhound likes this.
  9. But games seem to be 75% melee these days, Bolter probably doesn't factor in that much, even in CSM vs LSM.

Is it the PC vs PC? Mutually assured destruction? :D
  10. ChuckBane Chuckdatass Subordinate

Not sure what to tell you. But it's really fucking difficult to be an A hole holding a bolter while the whole CSM team is slashing around or autocannoning/plasma cannoning. Maybe if I was a Wolf Priest I could revel in opness