Background Image

Are boltgun attachments even worth it?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Halcyon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. FIREston JimFireston First Blood!

win
  2. FIREston JimFireston First Blood!

lmao that video clip
  3. Fangz Fangz Confessor

Watch my one punch marine vid!
  4. Xarl Uthullun Amdusias New Member

imo, the grip that reduces spread while moving is worth it until you get the spread decrease grip. not losing the accuracy when you ADAD-crouch spam can win you fights. I used to run that when a Slaanesh loadout was viable on Chaos.
  5. Git Kwik GitGud Active Member

yeah anyone with increased movement speed it prob gonna benefit more from that sort of loadout over accuracy, i guess it shows they did put some thought into it. there's no real BIS
  6. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

Even on the fast moving classes the texture grip is superior by my tests. and dont recommend the long barrel mod or armor piercing rounds they are bad/underperforming. When you crunch the numbers de Armor piercing rounds reduce the needed bullets to kill by not even half a bullet for a standard marine, for only 30 lp you can get the Drum Mag which doubles your Magazin size which is insane (u said box mag but that gives only 40 rounds).
    the long barrel mod is not useful since typical fighting distances are way below 50 meters and if your fighting distances are at 50 meter pick a stalker bolter or anything else but a bolter is the wrong choice for that.
  7. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

FYI the armor piercing mag is practically useless. Tested in garrison it only really makes a difference in extreme situations where slivers of health matter, but I'd rather take a fast reload mag or drum mag instead of that!
  8. Ghosar Recruit

Drum mag is just incredible, you can shoot twice as many rounds before reloading. Thus you can shoot quite well with it... For a umy haha more dakka I wan't M'y Ork Droooom Magaz'ine Waaagh !!!
  9. FIREston JimFireston First Blood!

Armor Piercing only works good on players using Artificer or Relic grade armor equivalents. If the enemy is wearing base armor Armor Piercing rounds do the same dmg as normal rounds. Same for a power sword it only does more dmg to higher grade armors by negating some of their damage reduction with pierce.

That being said the average enemy will usually wear an upgraded armor variant thus allowing for the Armor Piercing to work its wonders. However if facing down 4+ players the small ammo count does leave a little to be desired, wishing you had a drum mag at that moment usually does come to mind.

Up until I wiped every class in trade of my new Wolf Priest that can use a bolter... I had 2 tacticals loaded out exactly the same except one had a drum mag and the other had AP. I would switch to the desired depending on the type of enemy I encountered. The more newbs on the enemy team there was the higher the chance there was of me having a Drum mag equipped to help mow them down.
  10. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Yeah but I remember Cabal's tests + (a few of my tests) and we did it on chaos marines will marks of nurgle and without them, and also with and without armor, and it really makes no difference until a veteran which is 1 hit less.