Background Image

Anything you want Nerfed or Buffed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Jan 8, 2018.

1. You're example would just be a reasoning for stating "there are situations where a lascannon can beat a bolter". Jumping to "Lascannons are competitive to Bolters" is very exaggerated, even if you are just trying to get your point across.

I agree that you have a greater chance to win if you play with an optimized build. But I disagree that the optimized build has to be the meta build, just because in a theoretical mathematical situation it would win.
  2. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

meta builds >>>>>> non meta builds

the only time you will beat someone with a non meta build while they are running a meta build is if they are terrible or if you're a better player when it comes to aiming, positioning & maneuvering whilst the other guy with a meta build is playing full retard.

making loadouts for level 1 - 4 is also pretty pointless, yeah sometimes its better to go off meta when you haven't got everything unlocked but you will drop that shit fast once you unlock the tools you need to make an optimal build.

you might be better with melee than ranged despite the math showing that you would be much better as a ranged class, but that is you gimping yourself into 1 or 2 situations such as hiding behind a corner and waiting for people to come close so you can RMB them to death - versus anyone good you will simply get obliterated because they won't fall for the limited opening moves you can make as melee to really catch someone off guard.

it's sort of akin to picking up the nade bundle and exclusively using that because it's the only weapon you can get kills with, yeah you'll do better than swinging your knife around like a retard but you'll also limit your maximum potential - tactical archetypes w/ bolter, tlasc or big shoota in EC are the most versatile and effective classes, the ones with the highest potential for a skilled player to destroy his enemies - it's better to practice with meta builds and get good with them than settle for objectively worse builds that will limit how good you can actually be outside of maybe 1 or 2 niche situations.

you can use whatever builds you want but don't try and justify it as somehow being a valid competitive choice - it is a choice for you that allows you to have more fun or make use of easy to use mechanics like spamming RMB for easy kills at close range unless your enemy is a competent player and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that, some people play games to be competitive and others just to have fun.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on limb here and claim that I believe everyone here partaking in this discussion is atleast running an optimised build even if it's not a meta build.

Because... well I honestly don't think your all that stupid tbh.
    Heck I use a calc that's made by someone in this community to actually optimise all my builds..
    So yeah.. this kinda just leaves skill to talk about and skill discussions are soooo 1995.
    and we all know how those go by now My e-peen is better than your e-peen , check the length of my power mace's shaft etc etc.
    Such a waste of energy tbh to do that here , just kill each other in the game and find out that way ;)
    I almost killed Leroy once!! .. but then he came back from being afk...:oops:

Thanks for that calc btw!
    I got a lot of enjoyment out of the calc by using it to make weird ass builds that actually work .. for me atleast.
    Jimmy_Neutron likes this.
  4. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

my favorite weapon in the game [​IMG]
  5. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

Than we have a pretty big problem with or baseline weaponry ;p
  6. Ivik McDinkleStein Jimmy_Neutron Steam Early Access

This discussion has failed to to talk about a huge benefactor to the players success and opted out to discuss the MICRO difference the meta build makes and the incalculable idea of skill. that benefactor is positional play, If you know when to enter buildings, where to enter objectives, how to flank, common places where people defend, rough idea of how the enemy is situated and where they'll be looking you can ALWAYS use this to find a way in, and when you a sneaking up behind some one with 'muh boltuh' It's not going to matter that 8% cqc barrel that makes a pubic hairs difference or that ADAD skill, because You're going to catch them off guard with their backs turned.

I do fine when I recreate my characters at level 1 because I understand that I cant 'charge a position head on' and expect to survive. My playing with and against clans/experienced pubs has taught me to adapt my thinking into always looking for some spot that'll give me the advantage should I come across a player whomst've is a better shot than me. Whether that position is; behind cover, outside a window, on a walk way, etc. Doesnt matter, it's 100% of the time going to make more of a difference then meeting face to face gunning each other down and letting latency or stat calculators decide your success.
    Schwifty and Catnium like this.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

:OrkMoon::OrkMoon::OrkMoon:
    Catnium likes this.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Hey not fair !
    I deleted that coz I did not wanna hurt feels...!!!
    the jokes go to far sometimes and have to censor myself.

Now you made me feel bad...

Damnit!
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

deleted the quote :p
  10. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Remove Stamina

Makes no sense from a lore perspective and adds nothing from a game play perspective
    LucianNostra likes this.