Background Image

Anyone know how good the torpedo axe actually is?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Kaptain-Johnson, Nov 24, 2016.

1. The fing wurf 'avin, or shud az juzt stick wiff me right sparky choppa?
  2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Its the one with "added damage" on the dive attack right?If yes how many times do you use that attack?If a lot then its worth it.If not let it gather some dust.
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Too gimicky imo. The bonus slam dmg isnt worth it for a weapon that is on par stat wise as normal weapons of its type but for a higher cost. Looks cool though.
    Galen likes this.
  4. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

There isnt a single build that can make it work?
  5. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Torpedo axe baby? Big E know only one torpedo! And datz Tony Torpedo! No other torpedoes! Big E thinks dat u need to sleep with deeze kinds of questionz!
  6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

It is really gimmicky. It has to be used of max height slams which maxes using it in certain maps a pain. You cant mod in extra pen, impact, etc so it is at a disadvantage as just a regular melee wep vs the moddable version.

Then add in the fact that grav guns are every where, and they work really well vs storm boys, and you have a weapon that is more for fun than function.

I 'm sure someone could make it work well but it doesnt seem like it would be worth the effort.
  7. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

You can stack fuel, but you'd be forcing yourself into a playstyle that you'll rarely be able to take advantage of. Dive bombing requires open areas or very high ceilings, so it has limited use around points. Would be pretty effective in open areas though.
  8. Darn. Only extra damage? Extra splash could be handy, as crashing down on guys is actually pretty effective, if you can do it, due to the stun.
  9. Fissiccisst Fissiccisst Active Member

At some point, I forget which patch, they made the dive bomb aoe larger for all melee, which made this weapon more viable. Its not a ton of bonus damage though. so probably not worth the IP over a basic axe with some mods.

I personally run Electrified Axe with Damage and Lifesteal mods. Super expensive, but it hits like a trukk and keeps me going for longer than normal. I personally think people overvalue impact vs lifesteal, but that's just me.