Background Image

Any chaos model-makers or texturers out there?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Because Slaanesh demands black leather =D
  2. Xeltan Xeltan Well-Known Member

And most of our guns, especially those sidegrades, looks like joke compared to the loyalists...
  3. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Can you say different looking power fists? =3
  4. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

I haven't done modeling since the crappy class in high school. But I'm going through tutorials now to get better and try my hand. I've got a couple things I want to make for LSM, but as soon as I'm done on that I really want to try my hand at making some plague marine cosmetics. I want my nurgle follower to look like he has received nurgle's gifts.
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Personally I want bionics. Lots and lots of bionics.
    Talron and elDorado like this.
  6. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

Well, if no one else comes along, I'll see if I get good enough to help with that ;)

As fun as the cosmetics influx will be though, their comments about adding models if they're animated is what got me most excited. Right now the "hero" classes you can buy in the store are kinda lame. There's really nothing unique to them (unless the komando can cloak, Idk I don't own him and haven't seen a cloaked ork ever). But if they accept models for hero classes I bet we can get a ton of really interesting unique units on the field. Imagine fielding a possessed marine that actually looks possessed, or finally get those noise marines and rubric marines. Given that hero classes can't have their equipment changed the devs won't have to rig in attachment points for anything other than where shots and grenades come from.

Sorry to derail the conversation into other modeling stuff.
    The-Forge-Dragon likes this.
  7. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

No, it's fine. Derail away so long as it keeps the thought-trains moving =D
    Nyhilist likes this.
  8. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

Just wish my meager modeling skills could keep up with my mind and the forums. I'm still just starting out and learning blenders tools. I mean, this is all I've got so far for a freaking ultramarine honorguard helmet:
    upload_2017-9-16_13-47-20.png
    Lots and lots of work and details to go.
  9. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

Hopefully the dev team can convince bE that they need to open source their models. That would speed things up exponentially.
  10. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Active Member

im buying new materials to make armor and bolter skins. i like new plague marine armor