Background Image

Anime!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by DARKWAR PALADIN, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Nothing wrong with that, but do you want to watch anime? :D
    A lot of people here would recommend the really good stuff to start with. I suggest Cowboy Bebop!

Thing is and for all the Bleach fans, please don't get angry at me... but this is a critical opinion. Bleach progressively got worse after season 3. It went from a "story about a hero struggling to prove himself" to a story of "MUST CONTAIN THE EVIL WITHIN ME! I'M SO OVERPOWERED, I'M 'THE CHOSEN ONE'"

Sorry but when anything goes the same direction as The Matrix did, it's bound to start choking on it's own lack of creative writing and loss of the plot. Truth is I loved Bleach... up until half way though The Bount arc, where... it started loosing the plot. Maybe it was at the time when I saw it, a good couple of years after it was made in 2008 and at the time my love for everything vampires had been killed off swiftly by a recently released novel which I think we all know what the name of it was. After that in the elitest nerdy society, just like with Star Wars, for a time... vampires were dead to us.

Anyway, personal grievances of the times aside, regardless of the guttrench I felt watching it, it progressively seemed to get more and more deviated from the original direction of the characters and more and more towards Ichigo being super man and all the supporting cast being his lackies and fangirls. And that didn't really sit well with me, also the story stopped making sense about half way though as well. Up until that point I loved Bleach, the Soul Society arc was one of the greatest anime series in the history of anime. Too bad after that Bleach became blah and a biword for beating a dead horse to the point where even nostalgia can't save it.

Just for the record, the simple fact that Bleach suffers from "the anime is more popular than the manga" syndrome that Full Metal Alchemist suffered, though to the credit of FMA, the Anime was being produced at a rate that they needed more episodes to finish it during a time when the Manga wasn't finished yet so they deviated from the original plot for the purpose of keeping the episodes rolling.

Anyway, back on topic, after Soul Society, they stopped following the manga for bleach and then threw in filler, stuff made just for the anime and then after than covered "parts" of the Manga. But considering the lost the plot which happened with Bleach, likely wouldn't of made much more sense if they followed the manga strictly anyway.
    Opeth xDAx likes this.
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Who cares? As long as you love Wh40k you are right here! :D
  3. NikolaNesic87 Nikola Active Member

Bleach is great at least the main story and I wanted to say that One Piece is cool anime and that has a lot of unique characters
  4. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

Yes one piece sort of justified the strengths with weaknesses, which i got to say i like a lot, there is always something to counter the other no matter how strong one is.
  5. NikolaNesic87 Nikola Active Member

It is very well done although without Nami and Nico Robins Straw Hat Pirates would have been many times in desperate situations they are practically the brains of the crew :D
  6. DeFoamBag Active Member

Someone recommend something nice and awesome to get started with!
  7. Inquisitor Soviatus Soviatus Arkhona Vanguard

Spongebob Squarepants.
  8. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

I love Spongebob Squarepants! I am on my way to becoming an Anime fan! =D
    Soviatus likes this.
  9. I like full metal alchemist brotherhood.
    RavenClaw likes this.
  10. Bloko Blokopferd Subordinate

have watched a few anime series lately, attack on titan, claymore, sword art online, hellsing:something, and fate/zero right now, wanted to do the complete one piece but how many episodes are that? 900? ...I can not..