Background Image

An idea that might help queue times a little...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KidMeatball, Sep 23, 2017.

1. KidMeatball KidMeatball Steam Early Access

I was watching a twitch stream the other day and I noticed the streamer wasn't using the "Battle Now" button, he was queuing only for CSM vs LSM. That got me thinking that if everyone were forced to use the battle now feature and the join fight button on the world map were disabled, queue times might improve a small amount, especially for xenos. I get that people want choice, but for the sake of better queue times I think its worth it. Even as just a temporary 'fix' it could help spread the population a little bit across the factions, and improve the morale of xenos players.

I don't think disabling the ability to choose an active match is a detriment so that ability should remain active, but I would like to see more players in a common pool of available players. Think about it @Oveur
  2. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

The effect would be negligible at best at the cost of pissing off everyone who selects the battles they can join.
  3. Fryskar Fryskar Active Member

I think the mainproblem is rather players on the Xenos side. I usually select battle now on my CSM but barly get battles vs Xenos until late evening.
    But i don't really have a good idea how to get more players on their side.
  4. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

It would be interesting to see if it changed anything, but it wouldn't for me. At the times I play, Battle Now is the same as queueing for a LSM/CSM match.
  5. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

Was getting a lot of games very quickly against Orks last night. The green tide was real! :OrkGoff:
    Corie likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Nah. Our problem is not finding opponents, our problem is assembling a full team on our side. As soon as that ahppens, queue is not an issue anymore.
    Gashmangla likes this.
  7. It is mostly just the game population that is to blame.

Orks & Eldar = less popular + low game population = less Orks & Eldar

Not to mention that people may be interested in playing as them during specific times, see no matches on the map and go do something else instead.
    As there is no way to tell how many of your race are simply online compared to in a match; add a race counter and that would help quite a bit.
    Certainly it may be one 15vs15 going on but your side is full so you cannot join; would most people queue for long enough to start a new match or just close the game? I assume they would close the game or mess with loadouts etc.
    Gashmangla likes this.