Background Image

An Alternative To The "5th Faction"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ascencia, Jun 29, 2014.

?

5th Faction or Sub faction "Reinforcements?"

1. A new faction!

46.5%
  2. I agree with OP, we dont need to divide the playerbase for more variety!

43.7%
  3. other? list Below.

9.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Last of the OT Nid talk:

Anyone ever play RIFT ? :p
  2. Frank FrankM Curator

after thinking hard about it, adding more factions can't be done or we would have even less players playing the existing factions. even having a second server with 5 new factions (IG, dark eldar, tau, sisters, and NPC necron) wouldn't work because most players would be on the original server
    DreadForce83 likes this.
  3. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

Tough decision. While i want Tau i also want BT. hmmm...
  4. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Yup, doesn't matter wich faction we want, the game should have a really healthy population before thinking about adding an extra faction.
    Ulfgard likes this.
  5. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Which second server? All gonna be one anyway ^^

Though a missing faction fakes the numbers dramatically. Dark Eldar and Tau mainly join Eldar until their faction exist, meaning that an existing population could be divided in half as soon as a new faction pops out ^^ There won't ever be fair faction balance. EVER.

Also we don't even know what a healthy population at this point is. And then a lot also depends on the timezone you play in. Will be fun when most Eldar are american but most SM European :p
    Laanshor and Mngwa like this.
  6. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

I know it won't be balanced but it will be better if you split 10.000 eldars between craftworld and dark than to split 100.
  7. The point of my "reinforcements" idea is that you could have both!
    With the warp rift in the eastern fringe I can't remember the name of giving Tau forces a potential tunnel to a new segmentum then a tau expeditionary force could feasibly end up near arkhona and reinforce the elder/orks as a alliance of mutual benefit while they "dig in" so to speak, the greater good advocates xenos cooperation and the elder are happy to take advantage while the orks will fight for anyone for more dalia and the promise of a bigger fight
  8. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

I know I'm in the minority when I say this but...

the more factions the better simply becuase it will mean people will gravitate to their preferred faction option sooner rather then later, theyre going to do it eventually so we may as well get it over with so we can move on lol

otherwise we will have the butt-hurt crowd wailing and gnashing their teeth (possibly rage quiting) when their favorite faction whos been winning (or at least doing well) suddenly loses 1/3rd of their population to a new faction and suddenly their getting reamed left and right
    Fino, Cronty and Uriel1339 like this.
  9. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

I am part of that minority :p
    TARL68 likes this.
  10. Fenris Fenris Cipher

New faction for me. I love variety more than most any other aspect of games. Keep me interested with the full breadth of 40k and I'll be hooked for years.
    Cronty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.