Background Image

Alts throwing matches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trooper909, May 18, 2017.

1. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

New accounts for cheaters.

People are probably creating dummy steam accounts and using them to cheat to avoid getting banned on their mains. Therefore your not seeing an increase in players. Just an increase in accounts.
  2. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

My guess is that you're probably just getting lucky. It appears that these some of the more egregious cheaters (the PKers and Griefers) must be targeting specific matches. Probably to help friends or guildies finish out their required match wins using dummy accounts. That's why most of these guys are level 1 nobodies.

The flip side of that is the people that are queuing for other factions and just playing less enthusiastically. I don't know how you would prove or do anything about that issue.
  3. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

I didn't screenshot the Chaos campaign, but the Orks won 6251 by the end. That's with a population spike that brought them to second to Loyalists.
  4. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

All the more reason to only have one character slot. Pick a faction and stick with it thru the good and the bad times. Wanna play as multiple factions? Buy multiple accounts.
    Kaptain_K_Rool likes this.
  5. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

To be fair though, Eldar only stomp when they have good teamwork amongst most if not all players. We aren't going to have our hands held. We are going to make you mon-keigh scream for nerfs by virtue of existing, just like we always do.
    Freebs likes this.
  6. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Not really - the reason why Orks and CSM had no such issues is because only portion of community helped them. So you had a lot more people playing Orks, but there were still enough people playing other factions for Orks to quickly find matches. Same for CSM.

But with LSM, too many people wanted to "help" LSM by playing their campaign, so now there aren't a lot of enemies to fight. At this point, the best help for LSM would be too keep playing other factions so that Marines can get matches.
    Freebs likes this.
  7. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

This game is F2P you don't have to "buy" any accounts. So at this point I don't see how your idea works.
  8. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

Free accounts don't benefit from campaigns last I knew. And it's the faction population swinging that are causing all the problems with queue times. If people simply did not have the ability to play alts when a campaign pops up, it would be so much easier to establish reasonable win goals as well as remove shitters that intentionally tank matches.
  9. Oh hell no :D
    I like playing every faction, got all of my 4 at least on level 5, while 2 are close to 6 again.
    And i payed good money on a founder pack, forcing me to pay again for 3 other factions would be another nail in a coffin many people see coming
  10. It was just under 8000.
    Forj likes this.