Background Image

Alts throwing matches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trooper909, May 18, 2017.

1. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

Nathan already admitted in another post that the long queue times are their fault, and that the eldar campaign may get pushed back a week if he thinks they can finish the planned campaign improvements to coincide with it. He also explained that they used multiple factors to decide the win requirements for the campaigns, but they were all decided the same way, so it isn't like they artificially jacked it up to make it harder. The queue times are really the only thing keeping us from crushing this campaign.

I don't understand why you're still trying to stir up shit when all of this has been addressed.
    ArchKnightHough and Trooper909 like this.
  2. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Hrm I didn't know it had been addressed, thanks.

And I don't stir shit up, I call it like I see it and mentally kidnap people, tie them up in front of a projector, sew their eyes open and make them see the truth for months on end until they accept it and positive change happens weather they like it or not!
  3. DongSlayer DongSlayer Steam Early Access

I havent seen that happen. I once reported a group of people from another faction intentionally throwing games on LSM during the all-faction campaign. Seems proof was inconsequential - that people from this non-lsm guild were standing afk in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. How can we prove intent when people do stuff like this ?
    - Join a game - Go AFK .
    - Interrupt a cap/decap on purpose .
    Not all of us use video recording every time we play.
    Elector likes this.
  4. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

You can lead a horse to water, but just because it looks like water to you doesn't mean it's water, and I trust the horse on this one.

The "truth", as you put is, is subjective.
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  5. You don't know what the goal is, nobody does, there's no number. You presume it's astronomically higher when it's probably nominally higher than Chaos. Your hysteria is based solely on the progression of the bar, we won't know approximately how many wins the LSM required until after. Your bullet points don't hide you've just been shitflinging based on assumption and the reality that of course Orks had a lower requirement.

Orks and Eldar have a smaller pop, of course they're going to have a lower goal. Less dedicated players mean less will keep playing after their 10 wins. You're just making a bullshit conspiracy theory about it.
    Atsidas likes this.
  6. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Result is still the same.

The entire community, Ork, CSM, LSM and Eldar all banded together and got the Ork win

We did the same for Chaos and we will do the same for Eldar.

They borked something with LSM. Simple as that.
  7. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

For reference: the achieved wins for the first 5 campaigns (all factions). I didn't record the total wins for the Ork or Chaos campaigns, I might be able to dig them out of my screenshots folder tonight. The Loyalists consistently achieved nearly twice the total wins as the Orks, and that was during adversarial campigns, not ones that increased the population of one faction. If we factor in a conservative 1.5x increase in population, we might expect the LSM target to be 3 times that of the Orks.

As for population swing, the Ork campaign still had a very large LSM population, probably still the largest. The Chaos campaign probably dropped the LSM to a close second. The LSM campaign is overwhelmingly populated by LSM, enough to cause havoc with the queues. I'd say that the proportional shift in population is about the same, perhaps more that the Orks campaign - it's the population shift that was unexpected and contributed to their quick completion.

The win targets were not chosen to make things easier for the Orks and harder for the Loyalists. I believe that all that has happened is that they underestimated the number of people willing to play Orks for a little bit, and overestimated the number of people willing to play LSM that weren't already playing LSM.
    Thraxus and No_1 like this.
  8. Toc Tocks Member

This apply for admin abusement parks?
  9. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Im confused, if all these new accounts was created,...wheres that surge of players? Did they already get sacrificed to the warp...i never saw these people.....and the linked Stats page says we got 50k new players in 2 weeks...so how come the population is always skirting 1k online...theres something wrong with this picture.

https://steamdb.info/app/375230/graphs/
    Deathwish likes this.
  10. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

I haven't experienced this sabotage, other than the occasional run over by a friendly rhino/trukk (I didn't think it was sabotage) when playing CSM/Ork. Battles seem hard fought and had several close victories/defeats. Have my games and victories been false and tampered with? I recall those games to be where I was playing my LSM to be really hard fought.

Me and my usual duo waited for 5-15 minutes yesterday for a couple matches, just gotta chill and do something else for a bit while waiting.