Background Image

Alpha latency for Europe

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Kriger, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Kriger Kriger Menial

Hi,

I was just looking to buy a founder's pack to access the November Alpha.
    My question is how good\bad will the latency be for Central Europe, specific for Romania.

I don't know if I should buy it now or wait for the European servers to be online.

Thanks for your support
    And may the Emperor watch over us!
  2. Yes I would like to know the answer to this as well. I would like to know if i can kill the above imperial puppet without any latency issues.

Hydra Dominatus
    Cegorach likes this.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

it's playable, we don't have ping indicator but i've not notived any specific lag issue.
  4. Aed Aedwynn Curator

For me it's quite opposite, Grigdusher. Severe latency issues to the point of game being unplayable.
    And I can play on australian servers with my connection.
  5. Joachim Jochon Deputy Ecclesiarch

Yeah, the latency in the game is a complete mess right now (Norway, Europe). Completely unplayable :(
  6. Are there no servers in EU? I really want to get into the game but if it is unplayable in EU I might just wait.
  7. UK player here, I have none of these issues. I had some lag, dropped my graphics settings in game by one notch and the game runs smooth for me.
  8. Kriger Kriger Menial

Is there any news when EU servers will go online? Or are they going to use only the US ones until official launch? That would really suck.

Really hope the game will be less laggy by next month.
    Crioxus likes this.
  9. Andraina Andraina Curator

Yay for people breaking NDA~
  10. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Just what I was thinking (unless it is not an ironic "yay"), but I have a hard time seeing how this could get you banned.

Anyhow, according to the streams there aren't any servers in Europe yet, so you can expect the common lag issues like in every other game, especially during "prime times". Or that is at least what I expect, can't really go to much into details due to the NDA :(