Background Image

Allow Vets in PVE, but... (Vets, Advancement, PVE)

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Tior, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

1. Players below level 6 are allowed to redeploy and use a veteran (they have to chose only one) that they've chosen at the start only after defeating the first Warrior they encounter. If they die as a veteran, the group will have to kill another Warrior (e.g. if they die while fighting a Warrior, they will redeploy as a normal that they've chosen at the start). (for both Lair and Horde)
    2. Players that are level 6 can choose to begin as a Veteran and redeploy as one too, however they have to unlock stuff in advancement to do so. (we can have new PVE advancement trees that end up with being able to deploy veterans normally.

Advancement Tree for PVE:
    • PVE advancement trees can include unlocks items that are specifically for slaying Tyranids like...
      • Virus Grenades,Shock Grenades, etc.
      • Hellfire rounds
      • Stormbolter sidearm?
      • Flamers? (Just use the melta's effects ffs. Have a collider check if something is in it, if so burn it.)
    • PVE advancement tree ends with the unlock that "authorizes" the player to deploy Veterans normally. (Requires level 6)
  2. I really like the idea of an additional PvE advancement tree, though PvE only items would also require PvE only loadouts. But it would be really awesome and give something more unique to PvE.
    Doomness1000 likes this.
  3. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

The pve is not being worked on so uh.. yeah. bad "news"
  4. No reason to not post good ideas.
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  5. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

Indeed, if a loadout has a PVE item on it then it would be tagged as "PVE only", though I'd see some items in that tree being tagged as pve/pvp (like the Stormbolter sidearm).

A lot could be done for PVE tbh. I'd like to hunt Old One Eye.
    ruititadiogo likes this.